AppD Area Director, Southwest
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Additional Location(s)San Francisco, San Jose, or Irvine, CA
Area of InterestSales - Product
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance, so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Role
The Area Director, Southwest will be responsible for the development, execution, and expansion of AppDynamics Southwest sales strategy by building broad and deep alliances with key international System Integrators, Service Providers and Specialized Partners. The AD, Southwest Sales and their team will be responsible for directly targeting new and existing partners, building a shared vision and partner plan with the AppD Sales Team, and driving standards adoption leading to joint engagement in the field. AppDynamics is one of the fastest-growing enterprise start-ups in the world, so it is important that each team member in our organization is dynamic, can pivot, and has the capability to wear multiple hats if needed. A successful candidate is deeply sales-oriented, with a broad understanding of the partner community and the ability to influence at all levels. This is an opportunity to join a small but quickly growing channel team, build a new Cisco channel motion from the ground up and have a significant impact on the overall business of AppDynamics. As AppDynamics continues to move up-market working with larger customers and partnering with our parent company Cisco, this role will need to expand geographic sales coverage and further expand our partnership strategy with a more significant revenue-generating focus. This position will report to the Vice President of Global Channels & Alliances.
- Captain the overall Southwest sales and strategy plan for business expansion through strategic alliance partners including all associated programs, operations, marketing, enablement, and playbooks.
- Ownership of AppD’s full Indirect Go-To-Market including Value Added Resellers, AWS and Service Providers.
- Responsible for leading, hiring, and growing the Channels & Alliances team nationally.
- Collaborate with the Channel Sales Leadership team to build a software channel sales motion from the ground up.
- Identify and target key strategic partners across all regions to build new services and GTM bundles that secure AppD as a core component of partner cloud offerings
- Drive alignment and visibility with AppD Sales Team
- Experienced builder of inspired teams that drive demonstrable growth in complex business environments through a focus on developing and communicating the plan, addressing issues that hinder performance, and implementing best practices.
- Talented communicator, able to foster strong relationships, inspire others, and effectively negotiate high stakes scenarios.
- You have 10 years of experience with a consistent track record as a senior Sales Executive within the Software/Cloud Infrastructure Landscape orchestrating partner alliances at the C-Level.
- Intimate understanding of partner business models and priorities.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, self-starter, who understands the psychology of sales & the sales process. Capable of handling tactical items while never losing sight of longer-term strategic goals.
- Data-driven decision maker adept at modeling financial justification of investments, deal and post-deal metrics.
- Ambitious and able to drive excellence with high integrity
- 50% travel required
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.