AppD Area Director - FED/CIV/DoD
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
As the Area Director for the Federal practice, you’ll act as the second line of sales leadership directing a team of experienced sales managers and their sales representatives who are tasked with growing the footprint of AppDynamics products and services within the largest agencies of the United States Federal Government and their Civilian and DoD Contractors. You’ll lead a team of sales managers that drive towards aggressive revenue targets through direct sales, partner sales, and working closely with Cisco’s robust Public Sector practice. You’ll grow our dynamic and promising team, while building upon a proven successful sales methodology.
· Minimum 8 years of direct or managerial sales experience within the United States Federal Government
· Minimum 5 years of leading successful sales orgs, ideally within Federal space
· Experience driving large cross functional initiatives that span sales, channel sales, marketing and professional services
· Background in technical applications, familiarity with SaaS a plus
· Ability to sell to, and through, must be able to leverage complex partner ecosystems to drive revenue
· Experience leading complex, matrixed sales organizations
· Excellent communication (written, oral) and presentation skills (in-person, virtual).
· Consistent track record of coaching sales managers and sales reps through strategic 7 and 8 figure transactions
· Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
· Unwavering dedication to integrity and professionalism.
· Ownership of the Americas AppD Federal sales quota and growth targets
· Must excel at working closely and building relationships with C-Level executives at Cisco, AppD, Partners and customers
· Recruit, hire and retain top sales talent
· Be able to develop and implement sales strategy across a complex matrixed sales organization
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.