AppD Architect, Platform
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that provides real-time visibility and insight into applications and their environments. With our unique solution, you can take the right action at precisely the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, Engineering, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
AppDynamics architects are passionate about continuously improving both what we deliver and how we deliver our product to customers. We thrive in taking complex problems and breaking them down. We love to think holistically about the overall architecture and how it fits in with our current project. We find joy in mentoring and guiding others in producing high quality, performant software that aligns with our technical strategy, what we need today, and what we need in the coming years. As a Platform Architect
- You will drive system architecture and design decisions for AppDynamics’s Platform, which is the core features and functionality our software is built upon, for both cloud and on-premise environments.
- You will work with teams across the company to drive scalability and innovation to ensure the long-term effectiveness and interoperability between all components of AppDynamics.
- You will work closely with product management to define product strategy and roadmap.
- You will communicate with our internal and external stakeholders on a variety of AppDynamics topics.
- You will collaborate with, learn from, mentor, and influence other team members to create a high performant, positive work environment.
- Software and product development experience, preferably in cloud computing or distributed systems.
- Experience in moving from monoliths to microservices and re-platforming, preferably in Enterprise environments
- Experience in a similar role that displays strong leadership competencies and ability to foster technical strategy
- Experience deploying enterprise production systems in one of the following languages (Java, Python, C++, or Go).
- Previous experience with containers and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes is a definite plus.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- Four weeks paid time off (PTO), five days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including one birthday PTO and one floating holiday)
- A mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks
- State of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike-share station.
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just A Note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of AppDynamics. AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.