AppD Americas Deal Desk Analyst 1350419
Location:Offsite, Dallas, Texas, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Why You'll Love AppD
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences.
About the Role
AppDynamics Sales organization has a history of best-in-class efficiency based on a great sales methodology performed to excellence. We are looking for someone to partner with this extraordinary team, to collaborate, drive and lead deal structures that will provide both our customers and AppDynamics with a winning solution.
Through this partnership, you will become the trusted advisor and subject matter authority of our company policies around revenue recognition, gross margin targets, and discount policies and practices. In addition, you're the main point of contact for knowledge around commercial terms, pricing, business insights and product entitlements knowledge.
Who You'll Work With:
Working as an individual contributor within the Global Deal Strategy and Operations organization. We are a high-energy team of deal makers who have a track record of providing outstanding support to the sales team.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Sales and Leadership to understand high-priority deals for the quarter, understand their close plans, and advise on potential complexities that may arise based on customer requirements.
- Actively supervise these key deals and provide insight on forecast probability, stage, and completion within our forecasting tools, that will assist in managing the sales deal activity and bookings forecast to our partners.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the deal obstacles and craft creative deal structures and commercial solutions that will accelerate deal closure.
- Draft commercial language that articulates the deal structure whilst protecting AppDynamics interests.
- Lead and drive any required approvals through our backend processes with integrity and velocity.
- Build strong working relationships with key business partners within Finance, Legal, Revenue, Accounting, Order Operations, Product etc. to expedite deal review and approval processes.
- Be our subject matter expert and ultimate trusted advisor on all aspects of our Deal Desk operations
Who You Are:
As is our culture, we are seeking someone with an appetite, experienced in Deal Desk, Quote to Cash process or a background in finance and an appetite to build a career within AppDynamics.
- Education: Minimum of a four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: Minimum of three years supporting deals' desk or a similar function, preferably in a high tech company
- Sales Minded: Solid understanding of enterprise technology sales processes and the ability to advise on deal structuring techniques and requirements.
- Problem Solver: Demonstrate high-level problem solving and analytical skills.
- Willing to take action: Ability to seek the right result in a global enterprise software sales organization and do not let anything stand in the way of the mission.
- Resilient: Focused when the pressure is on with the skills to prioritize effectively to meet timelines.
- A True Teammate: A natural builder who will be focused and committed to add real value.
- Excellent Communication: You know what to say and more meaningfully, how to say it.
- Results-Focused: Self-directed, highly creative and detail oriented - as well as able to multitask and work effectively in a very fast-paced environment.
- Technically Savvy: An understanding of software, Excel as well as working with the Salesforce CRM.
- A Great Human: Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
The world is changing! Today, people and devices are more connected than ever before, setting the standard for performance and the customer experience alike. At AppDynamics, we’re unified in our mission to empower the enterprise with an AI-powered APM solution that provides insight and transparency into the IT environment, as well as unified monitoring down to the network, so you can make most important and strategic decisions that drive business forward in real-time. When AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco for $3.7B it was the day before we were planning on going public. This strategic acquisition was 2.4 times more than we planned to exit at, which highlights how much Cisco values the AppD business. So, why did they invest so much in us? As part of Cisco, AppDynamics will serve a critical role in helping drive Cisco's continued transformation into a software company. Being a part of the Cisco family allows us to benefit everyone! We do all of this while aspiring for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.#LI-CISCO_JS