Android Mobile Developer
Location:Seattle, Washington, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
The Cisco WebEx Teams mobile engineering team is seeking an Android Mobile Developer to join our dynamic team of engineers in Seattle.
In this role you will contribute to the design and development of new product features and product releases for our industry leading WebEx Teams mobile applications. In addition, you will partner with our Product Development teams and UX teams to make enhancements to the UX/UI to improve the end user experience.
- Develop world class real-time video, audio and messaging mobile applications
- Contribute to the development of new client releases
- Design, build and maintain large-scale, high-performance Android applications
- Develop mobile applications using C++ and/or Java/Kotlin
- Use the latest tools and frameworks for Android development
- Help make product decisions driven by analytics
Who You'll Work With
The WebEx Teams engineering team is part for the Cisco's Cloud Collaboration organization, which is a $2 billion dollar business that is a global leader in providing Collaboration messaging, and conference micro-services and mobile applications that are changing the way people communicate and work from anywhere.
Who You Are
Software Developer with shown experience in the development of multi-threaded software applications.
Thrive in fast paced Agile development environment and possess a passion for mobile app development.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of distributed application software development using Java and/or C++
Experience building Android applications using Java and Android SDK
- Knowledge of UI frameworks
- Preferred qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
Experience in developing or integrating with a cloud platform
- Technical knowledge of iOS mobile application development
- Passionate about delivering world class user experience to end user
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.