Americas Collab Marketing Lead, Webex
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
The Americas Collab Marketing Lead will serve as the CMO for the Cisco Collaboration Business (Conferencing, Calling, Contact Center) in our Americas region with a primary focus on the US followed by Canada and Latin America. You will be responsible for defining the Americas marketing strategy/plans, developing high-impact marketing programs, integrating Collab into Americas sales and marketing programs, and ensuring successful marketing execution for Collab. You will partner closely with the Global Collab Marketing organization, Americas Sales and Marketing teams and the country leaders within the region in addition to leading a team of marketing professionals responsible for the US and Latin America.
- Develop the end-to-end marketing strategy and plan for the Collab business in the Americas, including the US, Canada and key markets in Latin America. Partner with regional and country Sales and Marketing teams to align strategies, define priorities and allocate investments to support the Collab business in the Americas.
- Ensure successful adoption and execution of marketing programs in the Americas to drive thought leadership, brand awareness and demand generation for Cisco Webex – including online and offline campaigns, virtual and in-person events, product launches, sales enablement and training.
- Develop the Collab business to regional and country leadership and teams to deeply integrate Collaboration into the broader Cisco Sales and Marketing programs, using the company’s broader investments and resources to support and grow the Collab business (e.g. YES program, Radius program).
- Lead Collab Marketing for the Americas. You will be an extension of the Global Collab Marketing Team, represent Collab on the Americas Marketing Leadership Team, coach/mentor/develop a team of Collab marketing leads for the US and Latin America.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be a member of the Global Collaboration Marketing Team reporting directly to the Senior Director of Integrated Marketing/Demand Generation. However, as the Americas Marketing Lead for the overall Collab business, you will partner closely with other members of the Collab Marketing organization (e.g. Product Marketing, Solutions Marketing) to define/develop/implement programs beyond brand/demand campaigns in the region. You will also partner closely with the regional and country marketing leadership teams and their organizations, representing the Collab business from a marketing perspective. They are key stakeholders and will be critical for success.
Who You Are
You are an experienced, strategic marketing leader with a dedication for technology that brings people together to do outstanding things – Cisco Webex. You are a hardworking marketer with strong analytical skills and eye for business who takes initiative and makes BIG things happen.
- 10-15 years of experience in B2B marketing in tech industry (ideally SAAS business), with a focus on GTM strategy, demand generation, account-based marketing, digital/omnichannel campaigns.
- Consistent track record of developing teams, leading large virtual teams, partnering with Sales.
- End-to-end marketing experience (from strategy to execution), working across different functional teams (Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Field) and marketing subject areas (digital, social, events, partner, etc.) from strategy through execution
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written and graphical) and interpersonal skills while working with different teams and levels across the company
- Creative sensibility and a high-quality bar for every marketing program
- Proven track record to think strategically, communicate clearly, think conceptually, implement effectively, deal with ambiguity, drive clarity and work under pressure and lead multiple projects, in some cases, across multiple time zones
- Organizational agility and strong stakeholder management and cross-group collaboration skills will be critical to success, with demonstrated ability to execute through an influence model
- Experience in strategy development, while bringing objectivity, “common sense” judgment, and “street smarts”
- Experience with hardware, software and/or services preferred
- BA/BS in communications, marketing or related discipline preferred
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.