Agile Delivery Manager, CX Cloud Transformation
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who we are
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams, and the Customer & Partner Experience Engineering (CPXE) group is redefining how Cisco delivers value to our customers & partners via our product portfolio. The CX Cloud Transformation Team is charged with cultivating a culture of learning, while exemplifying & enabling leading practices in agility. In this time of unprecedented change, we are looking for top talent to lead business critical capabilities that will redefine success for Cisco and our customers.
Who You'll Work With
This role will blur organizational boundaries and break down silos to drive framework adoption at scale, predictability and excellence in our execution. Every day and every interaction will be unique! You will likely engage with a diverse representation of roles, including agile coaches, scrum masters, technical program managers, engineers, design, product owners and product management.
What will you do
In this key leadership role as Agile Delivery Manager, you will act as the evangelist of all things Agile. You will mentor other ScrumMasters and coaching the leadership in a functional area within CPXE organization. In this role, you'll ensure that teams deliver success by using the appropriate Agile methodologies to enable predictable and quality delivery while focusing on the continuous improvement for your teams.
You will optimize productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the CPXE goals while preserving the team's flexibility and ability to quickly respond to change. Developing stellar cross-functional relationships at multiple levels of the organization and demonstrating strong technical skills and business insights will be essential to your role.
By anticipating and identifying impediments (systematic, behavioral, etc.) and working with the right owners to resolve them, you will monitor team outcomes and dynamics while assisting them in improving team performance and agile maturity. You will be a critical driver of CPXE’s overall transformation to a way of working that is anchored in continuous improvement, agility, design-thinking, and customer-centricity through teams.
- Teach, mentor, coach and provide agile expertise within a functional area in CPXE (SMs/Engineering/Product)
- Ability to provide guidance on new team formation, team composition changes, scrum team charter definition & working agreements
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate etc.) to identify areas of opportunity
- Collaborate with Leadership to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership and create structure to optimally drive transformation
- Provide regular communication across the stakeholders for transparency and creating awareness on progress and impediments
- Proficiency in portfolio level agile facilitation and dependency management techniques
- Ensure that teams/functional area are aligned with our CX Cloud Agility Framework to minimize operational risk
- Closely partner with stakeholders to determine solutions to common team-related challenges
- Willing and able to hold crucial conversations when needed
- Leads with Systems Thinking approach when looking at retrospective themes/problems and designing solutions
- Support ScrumMaster’s, both in reporting and functional area, in co-creation and adoption of new practices
- Agile and Technical Learning: Actively seeks and leads a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training, and independent study to further develop self and community
- 7 - 10 years of experience performing agile roles in an enterprise SaaS product organization
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Experience implementing various Agile frameworks i. e, Scrum, Kanban, ScrumBan, Extreme Programming etc.
- Ability to lead with empathy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact effectively with professionals at all levels and communicate recommendations with diplomacy and tact
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) And only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure.
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take results-oriented steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.