Agile Delivery Specialist
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
The People & Communities - People Experience Team has an opening for an Agile Delivery Specialist within the Digital Experience team. The ideal candidate brings their creativity, organization skills, patience and thirst for driving change. We are looking for an agile delivery lead who can work with Digital Experience team focused on framing and prioritizing the backlog of work across the organization. As the pace of change accelerates, it is imperative that we work in agile and flexible ways. This role plays a critical role in structuring digital work, removing roadblocks, creating and driving team culture. This role will work directly with Product Owners and Product Managers to drive efficiency across the team. This role requires a highly collaborative person, with good communication and problem solving skills.
The Agile Delivery Specialist is the team role responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Clearing obstacles
- Establishing an environment where the team can be effective
- Addressing team dynamics
- Ensuring a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team
- Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
The Agile Delivery Specialist role was created as part of the Scrum framework. The name was initially intended to indicate someone who is an expert at Scrum and can therefore coach others.
The role does not generally have any actual authority. People filling this role have to lead from a position of influence, often taking a servant-leadership stance.
Our minimum requirements for the role are:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience shaping, designing and delivering solutions for major transformational change to provide long-lasting business value across organizations
- The ability to support and work alongside senior leaders to translate business visions, goals and objectives into requirements and solutions that address complex business challenges
- The ability to bring to life abstract and complex concepts, communicating them effectively to varied audiences – from technical to executive
- Well organized with excellent interpersonal communication skills and exceptional written, oral and presentation communication skills to be effective through a variety of media channels
- A self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and willingness to learn
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair - Don’t care. Tattoos - Show off your ink. Like polka dots - That’s cool. Pop culture geek - Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.