Advanced Malware Protection Engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's Customer Experience technical assistance team (former TAC) is the focal point for resolution of customer technical issues. We are a worldwide organization of 1000+ highly skilled engineers that craft and make a positive impact on the customer experience.
Within today's highly connected and increasingly social world of complex and sophisticated threats, Cisco is addressing these risks by offering elite security protection. You will be challenged, learn and be energized as you resolve complex technical issues in this ever-evolving landscape. Make an impact by joining the Cloud Security support team.
What You’ll Do
· Provide technical support for Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) products to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
· Work on challenging network problems which require excellent technical, analytical, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
· Utilize moderate to complex laboratory setups to recreate and solve problems.
· Collaborate across the board with colleagues locally and entire global support team.
· Attend ongoing technical training and work on assigned projects that will improve and further develop the success of the technology.
Who You Are
· Bachelor's (or Master of Science) or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
· 3+ years of practical experience in configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting networks
· Very good networking skills, familiarity with network proxies
· Experience with Linux and Windows OS
· Strong written and verbal English skills
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to establish and maintain confidence and take ownership of issues
· Active listening skills, and ability to think creatively, and innovate
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Prior experience in designing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting AMP products (A4E/Firepower/ThreatGrid), IPS/IDS, firewalls or similar systems
· Experience in managing / deploying network security (ACLs, whitelisting/blacklisting)
· Experience in deploying / supporting Windows+ Applications in a business / enterprise setting
· Understanding of deployment / support for Anti-Virus software in a business / enterprise setting
· Experience with VMware
· Understanding of security protocols - SSL, IPSec, ACL and security policies
· Knowledge of some of programming or scripting language (Python knowledge)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!