Location:Offsite, Irvine, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You Will Do
The Administrative Assistant role will provide support for calendaring, travel, and expenses, along with management and oversight of special projects as needed for two leaders on the Digital Lifecycle Journey’s team. To perform these tasks effectively, you will be expected to become familiar with the priorities and engagement dynamics of our people within the organization as well as the stakeholders associated with our work. You will be expected to understand how to handle, with a great degree of independence; incoming asks for time, meetings, resources and other needs as necessary. You will be responsible for following up to ensure proper disposition, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. You will be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Calendar Management: Manages leader calendar by prioritizing schedules and meetings
- Meeting Planning and Organizations: Assists in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology (WebEx Meetings) based upon participant needs, and all other meeting logistics.
- Onsite Meetings/Catering: As necessary, support the leader(s) and Staff on their Offsite Meetings; Setting up logistics, catering, communications, etc.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
Who You Will Work With
In addition to supporting these leaders, you will also connect with other administrators across the org to ensure cohesiveness across CX organization.
Who You Are
- 6+ years’ experience in an administrative environment.
- Great attention to detail and the maturity to handle confidential information
- Advanced knowledge of Mac/Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Cisco experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients
- Collaborative style, with excellent teamwork
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Accurate and timely handling of expense reports Team/Leadership Skills
- Build collaborative processes with other administrative personnel to optimize cross-unit functions
- Provide guidance to other employees regarding new methods, assignments or procedures
- Suggest relevant process improvements
- Exercise excellent judgment within areas of responsibility
- Dedicated and ambitious with an ability to take direction in a very dynamic environment
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.