Acoustic Technical Leader
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Who We Are
We all need to connect with people to get our work done. With Webex, we are uniquely positioned to make that connection outstanding across hardware and software with a leading market position in collaboration. Our next goal is to redefine how people work where communication is at the core of all productive collaboration.
What You’ll Do
As an acoustic technical leader in the Devices Technology Group within Collaboration, you are responsible for acoustic design and building new products from concept through shipping. You are responsible for the whole acoustic design and quality validation to ensure the product meets the high bar of Cisco quality. You are a leader and work cross-functionally through Cisco marketing, NPI, SW team, as well as with external vendors to accomplish:
- Invent the new acoustic technologies related to headsets, speakerphones, microphones, loudspeakers and sound bar system.
- Define the acoustic transducers spec and select the components according to the audio requirements from marketing team.
- Simulate the acoustic system design for prove of concept, work with industry design and mechanical team to do prototyping and identify the issues or risks in the early phase.
- Own the development of novel acoustical architectures such as speaker enclosure, reverse tube, passive radiator, multi-microphones and Active Noise Cancellation design,
- Qualify the audio performance from objective and subjective listening test, create tuning methods to achieve optimum audio performance.
- Define the acoustic test setup and criteria with manufacturing team, work with EE, ME and SW teams to debug the audio issues.
- Perform the audio related certifications and telecom compliance tests.
Who You'll Work With:
You will be part of the WebEx Devices Engineering team. This group is responsible for the success of Cisco headphones, speakerphones and WebEx devices, and is formed by a group of enthusiastic and talented members on a mission to transform the collaboration experiences delivered through our devices.
You will collaborate with H/SW engineering teams and ODM/JDM/CM Vendors, to produce exciting projects.
As Cisco-nians, our work contributes to the mission of Powering an Inclusive Future for All.
Who You Are
- Master’s degree in Electroacoustics Engineering or related technical field.
- Strong background (8+ years) of experience in acoustic engineering role for headphones, speakerphones, or high-volume consumer products.
- Experienced in working with acoustic components and system suppliers.
· Deep understanding of loudspeaker T/S parameters, acoustic resonance and vibration.
- Knowledge of objective and subjective audio test methodologies and standards.
- Experience with B&K, HATS, Soundcheck, Klippel and Audio Precision measurement system to assess the microphones, loudspeakers and acoustic system performance.
- Experience with simulation tools such as Micro-Cap, MATLAB, COMSOL or FINEMotor.
- Familiar with IIR/FIR filter, AGC, echo Control, multi-mic noise reduction, microphone beamforming, microphone and speaker arrays.
- Familiar with factory acoustic test setup and issues debug.
- Fluent verbal and written English, good communication skills.
Nice to have experience of:
- Development of Earpiece and TWS headphones in the small form-factor design is highly desired.
- Experience with test scripting and acoustical data analysis using MATLAB, Python or equivalent is a plus.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.t
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.