Accounting Manager, Cisco Capital Accounting
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestFinance
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for documenting accounting positions and policies on topics associated with Cisco Capital’s financing and credit extension activities. This will include assessing positions based on both current and future accounting guidance. You will partner with the Global Policy, Capital Markets, Asset Management, Legal, Credit, Revenue, Capital Accounting, and other teams to review the related current processes and documentation surrounding the topics and the applicable US GAAP, and then prepare the position papers to substantiate our accounting recommendations and updating policy documentation. You will also work with various groups on the accounting requirements for new financing structures being contemplated by Cisco Capital.
- You will read memoranda on current accounting positions, accounting policies and procedures, and current and future US GAAP guidance.
- You will collaborate cross-functionally to understand current procedures and contemplated agreements.
- You will document our assessment of the situations supported by US GAAP.
- You will serve as a technical accounting resource to the group.
- You will work with the Accounting groups to understand the current processes and how those may need to change for new financing structures.
Who You'll Work With
You will partner with the Global Policy, Capital Markets, Asset Management, Legal, Credit, Revenue, Capital Accounting, and other teams
Who you are
You will bring a positive, team-player attitude to this role, along with strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate with technical accountants, business teams, and Senior Management directly. Strong experience in technical accounting documentation is required.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of related Accounting and business writing experience
- Active CPA licensure and previous financial services experience are a plus
- Understanding of finance structures such as leases and loans and familiar with the creation and updating of corporate policies and procedures
- Contract review and determine accounting treatment of the components of those contracts experience is a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.