Accountant – Financial Reporting and Consolidations
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestFinance
What you'll do:
You will join Cisco Finance as part of our Global Accounting and Reporting (GAR) - Consolidations that rolls up to Corporate Controllers Group (CCG) in Finance. You will have an exciting role as an accountant based in San Jose, California.
You will mainly be responsible for reporting and analysis of Cisco’s financial documents and handle some of the close process/activities. Your team’s charter is to (i) report and analyze Cisco’s financial documents, (ii) coordinate, handle Cisco’s monthly close, and drive field into the process with continuous operational improvements.
This role will give you an excellent opportunity to:
- Understand Cisco’s financial documents and the ability to interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material
- Learn Cisco’s virtual close process and drive automation and operational improvements
- Financial documents reporting, review and analysis
- Perform some of the key close activities during month end and quarter end
- Resolve close issues and conduct detailed root cause analysis and deep dives
- Process and system enhancements/simplification, automation and other ad hoc projects (new business models, new accounting standards, systems implementations)
- Business oversight responsibilities for some applications handled by the team (e.g. HFM, GL cube, Oracle GL)
- Other compliance and governance activities (e.g. Lead for SOX controls, Policy governance (e.g. Manual journal entry policy)
Who you'll work with:
You will work closely with cross-functional finance and accounting teams across the world and build strong relations with business partners. You'll get opportunities to interact with senior leaders in Global Accounting and Reporting (GAR), Corporate Controller’s Group (CCG) and broader Finance organization.
The Corporate Controller Group (CCG) is comprised of several groups that are committed to supporting business processes through developing, influencing and implementing global financial policy and process and effective partnering. More specifically, the Global Close & Reporting group (GAR) supports virtual close, earnings release and SEC filing with a high level of integrity and credibility through partnering with functional groups across the Company.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated, self-starter, results-oriented with an ability to work on multiple results at the same time and drive projects to completion. You are eager to learn, have a strong accounting and financial reporting and analysis experience.
- Able to implement in a fast-paced large corporate environment
- Good communication and shown business partnering and teamwork skills; good at building and cultivating strong relationships with business partners
- Confident in your ability to drive resolution of close issues and enjoy working cross functionally
- Adept at working cross-culturally and across all levels of the organization
- Able to apply specific knowledge to new situations and requests
- Passionate about numbers, good with large data sets and have an analytical and a structured approach to data analysis and problem-solving
- Have a flair and affinity for financial reporting systems and applications
- Flexible at times to work with business partners in different time zones and long hours during month end and quarter end
- Bachelors’ degree in finance or accounting is required. (US CPA highly preferred)
- 5+ years of strong accounting and finance background, experience in financial reporting
- You bring attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- You are able to react to changes quickly and handle pressure during quarter end
- You bring previous experience working with large well regarded multinational corporations in combination with public accounting (preferably big firms e.g. PwC, E&Y) is highly preferred
We are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.