Accountant, Cisco Meraki
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestFinance
Cisco Meraki is searching for an Accountant to join our Finance team in San Francisco! As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. We also understand on a personal level, by simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Are you ready to join the team?
What You Will Do:
You are a dynamic, motivated, and enthusiastic individual who thrives in a rapidly changing environment. You will assist with the end-to-end GL accounting process for Meraki’s international legal entities including a broad spectrum of accounting areas to maintain general ledger as needed. Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. Additional duties include:
- Assist with Meraki’s international legal entities’ month-end close processes, including preparing important workbooks and journal entries, conducting financial analysis, and coordinating among team members to ensure closing on time, assisting in technical accounting research and memos.
- accounts and record/review inter-company entries between Meraki and other Cisco entities.
- Partner with the operations team to ensure correct inventory/cost accounting
- Assist with FX accounting
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Review financial records and statements and prepare financial statements fluctuation analysis to controller and CFO monthly
- Analyze financial data to prepare financial reports and prepare forecasts
- Perform monthly and quarterly SOX controls
- Assist with implementing new accounting processes to support new business models and company growth
- Identify and problem solve accounting and system issues
- Participate in the system and application implementation process, assist with design, implementation, test and troubleshoot.
- Participate in ad hoc accounting and finance projects
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Related field (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in Finance, Accounting, Audit or related areas in medium to large multinational corporations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Nice to Have Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting or Oracle
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.