Account Sales Engineer (Presales)-Public Sector Accounts
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Every business is digitizing, every nation is becoming smart and connected, and everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything; here that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact.
The outcomes you deliver relies heavily on applying groundbreaking technologies on evolving customer needs. The level of customer intimacy to drive these outcomes are second to none. This molds you into a highly marketable and sought-after asset.
You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired, and in turn, to encourage and inspire others. You will wake up every day feeling energized, all ready to convert bold ideas to reality.
What You'll Do
- As a Systems Engineer, you will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role.
- You will conduct technical presentations, showcase Cisco products and solutions, set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits to customers.
- As an advisor to the customer, you will design and configure products to meet specific customer needs. You will gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In addition to technical capability and proficiency, you must possess the ability to learn quickly and stay current on networking trends. The ideal candidate’s interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
- You will need business acumen to translate technical features and functionalities of a Cisco solution to map to customer’s business outcomes and benefit
- You will predominantly work with customers in the Public Sector segment.
- You will work with a wide variety of technologies and will therefore need strong collaborative and consultative skills and capacities to effectively showcase Cisco products and solutions, demonstrate technical solutions and capabilities, conduct Proof-of-Concept (PoC) tests.
- To sharpen your technical skills, you will be assigned as a specialist member to one of the System Engineering Virtual Teams. You are encouraged to participate actively in the Virtual Team events and activities and collaborate with the broader members of Cisco’s Systems Engineering team.
Who You'll Work with
The ASEAN engineering team comprises many hardworking and motivated engineers. We play different roles in the areas of account pre-sales management, technology deep dive, partner advocacy and engineering leadership. We place emphasis on individual development and relevancy in the market place, and we are strong advocates of Cisco’s own certification programs. We work closely together to help our customers tackle their business problems. As a team, we possess diverse engineering expertise, and we are constantly on the look-out for new skill sets to add to our team’s capability.
Who You Are
You have a start-up attitude to deliver solutions that drive business success for Cisco. Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to collaborate effectively with Cisco team members, partners, and customers.
We are ideally looking for an individual with around 6 to 8 years or equivalent experience in Networking, Programmability, Security, etc
This is an amazing career-enhancing opportunity for high potential candidates looking for both a challenge and chance to garner experience and skills at the edge of current network development and technologies. The individual must have excellent teamwork, collaboration, business, and leadership skills with a commitment to customer success and a relentless drive for results.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, smart connected offices, mobile banking, etc. We are not afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.