Account Manager for Public Sector
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Would you like to make an impact on the Danish society as an Account Manager in our Public Sector team?
We look for talented individuals who will continue Cisco’s global leadership in delivering products, solutions and services that help our customers achieve their business goals! Are you looking for the next step in your sales career, at an established and evolving company? As our Public Sector Account Manager you’ll play a pivotal role in the sales process and work with a large portfolio of technology products and services. You’ll help advance the team and make our customers' lives better and easier.
Your job will be to position Cisco solutions within various departments and functional groups with the customer to ensure that the full spectrum of Cisco solutions are being presented. In addition to driving strong customer relationships, you will need to work closely with key reseller partners as well as ecosystem partners to compliment Cisco’s offerings in the market.
Who You'll Work With
The vision of our organization is to help governments to protect, educate and serve citizens at the national, state, and local level.
You will not be alone! We love sharing knowledge and learning from each other. You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team, led with empathy. We enjoy being social together through various internal initiatives, but we also provide space for individuality. At Cisco, we don’t care when and from where you work. You will have flexible working hours, and as long as the job gets done, you are in charge of your own time. In Cisco Denmark, we are a total of 160+ dedicated colleagues that are champions in working hybrid. Our offices are located in Nordhavn and Aarhus.
Who are you?
You are a person that strive on meeting new people and building relations. You are comfortable selling business value at an executive level and across lines of business. In this Account Manager role, you are not expected to know everything about tech, but we hope you are curious. You are able to understand your customers’ needs, to set the right team around your accounts. You will collaborate with our skilled Systems Engineers, Product sales specialists and external partners. We also hope that you have one or more of the following traits:
- Sales / Account management experience in large Enterprise market; highly preferable in the Public market.
- A consistent record of success leading a sales cycle.
- Primary focus on customer specific themes and needs.
- Relationship-management, strategic account planning, forecasting, quota attainment, presenting business solutions via sales presentations, short-term, mid-term, and long-team opportunity management.
- Ability to deliver business value to both End-Users and Partners.
- It’s an advantage, but not a requirement, to have experience working with software.
- Understanding and experience with federal government funding, budgets, and buying cycles
- Known to work with selling to C-Level management teams
- Comfortable with handling large sales quotas.
- Validated experience in leading a large customer.
- Results-oriented self-starter with ability to understand business strategies and craft the demand to close deals.
- Cisco doesn’t have a direct Go-To-Market model, therefore it is an advantage if you have worked with partners and resellers.
- Proficient both verbally and written in Danish and English
Want to know how it is to work for Cisco? Check out the videos from our colleagues:
- Astrid, Account Manager in our Commercial team about hybrid work in Cisco: https://tinyurl.com/mr24wtzy
- Sune, Account Manager in our Public Sector team: https://tinyurl.com/2p8rprfd
- Article from our Danish Country Director: https://tinyurl.com/5n7ukkxm
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day-to-day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.