Account Manager - UKI National Security and Defence
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing
What You’ll Do
Our team is looking for an Account Manager to collaborate with NSD customers across the UK. Within Cisco, NSD is a high-value account within the UK public sector division, with established strategic partnerships across the customer space. We work with our customers to improve their business outcomes and strive to provide outstanding service by aligning our progressive technologies to our customers’ mission requirements.
You will own and nurture multiple relationships with customers and partners and will build and execute a sales strategy. You will be working as part of a talented and expert team, with a strong emphasis on innovation and teamwork.
- Focus on outstanding customer service and become your customers’ trusted adviser
- Build strong cross-functional teams to drive strategy and the delivery of solutions, products and services
- Work closely with Cisco partners to drive the joint strategy and delivery of all Cisco products and services.
- Identify and expand new business opportunities
- Own and develop Account Manager business plan to support growth
- Deliver accurate business metrics, monthly forecasts, weekly commits and pipeline development reports
- Develop an understanding of sectoral and wider business trends, and anticipate both emerging customer needs and requirements, and changes that may impact on revenue targets
Who You’ll Work With
We are Cisco sales. We sell solutions, products and services that make our customers successful.
Our focus is to find and solve their most critical problems and help them harness new market opportunities.
Through our knowledge of the National Security and Defence sectors, we anticipate our customers’ needs as unprecedented technological transformation impacts everything.
You will join a team of highly skilled sales professionals, and work within a broader cross-functional team including pre-sales and technology specialists.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience in the NSD sector, including experience of business and technology transformation, with experience of software and cloud-based solutions desirable
- 4+ year of experience in commercial sales, and of building and accelerating new propositions
- Solid understanding of the UK NSD sector, and experience of developing trusted customer relationships within it
- Experience of working in a cross-functional teaming environment
- Able to understand, articulate and position the value of a technology-based solution to the customer
- Ability to match customer needs with state-of-the-art technology solutions and partners to deliver them
- Negotiation skills to craft solutions that are beneficial to our customers, partners and Cisco
- Confidence in applying business and financial expertise to identify and qualify opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to leverage and engage internal resources such as marketing and technology experts
- Due to the nature of this role, candidates holding or who have held high-level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note that successful applicants will be required (and capable) of being DV cleared, which can take a minimum of 24 weeks
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality
for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.