Account Manager - Public Sector
Area of InterestSales - Product
What You'll Do
As the Senior Major Account Manager, you will be handling a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new opportunities. Account management responsibilities include developing positive relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and key partners. You will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams, ensuring timely and successful delivery of Cisco solutions to improve the entire customer experience.
- You will collaborate with various teams to achieve sales quotas and grow our business. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to improve profit.
- Develop a deep relationship with key accounts, customers and executive sponsors.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external partners.
- Business development with new and existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas.
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts).
- Prepare reports on account status.
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment.
Who You'll Work With
We are a premier sales team with intense focus on finding and solving our customer’s most critical problems and partner with them to capture market opportunities. We pride ourselves in our ability to sell business outcome and solutions, not just products. Our competitive intensity is second to none. We constantly seek to disrupt ourselves to stay ahead of the game. We take ambitious actions and being all in to deliver our commitments to our customers and partners. We empowered our team to go beyond and deliver great value to differentiate ourselves. Every single day, we strive to live Cisco’s six core values.
Who You Are
You are a bold self-starter with that will build executive relationships, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, create demand and close deals. Demonstrated knowledge of working with complex technical solutions including calling on key decision makers and all other technical and business influencers. You have the ability to negotiate solutions and resolve issues with peers, partners and customers employing a Win/Win philosophy. You have experience working with cross functional teams in creating integrated solutions that address complex problems with a focus on the Cisco value proposition. You have keen ability to position turnkey solutions and articulate primary vendor strategies to senior customer Executives. You will have validated experience in processes for successful account management including forecasting, quota over achievement, sales presentations, short term, mid-term and long term opportunity management.
- You have demonstrated experience in building executive relationships with multiple named accounts while providing insight and strategy around customers go-to-market and mapping our solutions to our client's customers.
- Strong sales experience within traditional IT hierarchy as well as non-IT business units - particularly around how Cisco can enable our customer’s service delivery.
- You develop and execute annual plan for named account in line with company strategy.
- Business forecasting (monthly forecast, weekly commit, and pipeline development) required.
- You are able to engage and lead cross-functional/virtual resources as part of extended team. Excellent presentation skills required.
- You have confirmed negotiation skills, be a self-starter, and a strong closer. Understanding of large business organizations and their buying cycles will be helpful.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Experiences in developing and selling complex IT Solution to large state owned companies as well as public sector.
- High level understanding of solution concept in the area of cloud, data center, networking, unified collaboration and/or managed services.
- Excellent communicator, trusted Client advisor with expertise in working/leading cross functional extended team in pursuing large complex opportunities.
- Self-starter, supportive negotiator and comfortable dealing with any level of Client’s personas and related stakeholders.
- Minimum BA degree (MBA preferred) and 15+ years large account management experience.