Account Manager Government
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
What you'll do
Cisco is looking for a talented Account Manager (AM) for the local governments/municipalities in the Netherlands. In this role the AM is responsible for the local government segment in the Netherlands, working together with a Virtual Sales Account Manager to develop the 100k+ citizens and smaller local Government accounts. The AM works closely with the System Engineers and Solutions Sales Specialists to optimize the Cisco footprint in these accounts. Using the available resources and funds available in the ‘Digitale Versnelling Nederland’ program, Innovative projects are identified and developed to improve the processes in the local governments in the Netherlands.
Role & Responsibilities
- Selling Cisco Solutions into the Local Government Market, by sharing thought-leadership and vision on Digitization in the public sector.
- Build a local Government plan and executing on it based on creating an scalable eco system together with our partners to position Cisco based Local Government solutions which will drive the digital acceleration of the Dutch Local Government
- Hitting personal targets and contributing to overall profitability, success and positive image of Cisco in the marketplace.
- Implement the sales strategy to ensure that sales targets are met or exceeded in marketplace.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, partners and other key influencers in your marketspace .
- Identify new accounts and target groups to sell products and services to, to fulfill turn over objectives
- Maintain a high-profile Cisco presence in the market place through the creation of win-win situations with customers and partners that will lead to opinion leadership on certain Local Government regarding digital services from and towards Local Government entities.
- Control costs to ensure that expenditure is being managed in line with budgets.
- Develop and deliver accurate sales forecasts in line with business objectives.
- Build relationships within all layers of assigned customers.
- Business planning and reporting (monthly forecast, weekly commit, pipeline development)
Who you'll work with
Cisco Systems is one of the most innovative companies in the high-technology industry. We hire highly talented individuals who will continue Cisco global leadership in delivering networking, datacenter and collaboration products and solutions that help customers achieve their business goals.
Cisco Sales is all about Inspiring Dreams, Accelerating Growth, Connecting Worlds, Recognizing Wins, Respect and Enabling you to be your best. Does this sound intriguing to you? Welcome to Cisco.
Who you are
- You have formal training in sales techniques
- Demonstrable track record of successful sales in the Voice / Data / Networking Industry with major accounts or within a territory
- Knowledge of the Dutch public sector, preferably Local Government and a track record of selling into these accounts is a strong advantage
- Experience and passion for creating a scalable sales approach regarding a dedicated market segment.
- Demonstrable experience selling complex technical solutions to executive management.
- Ability to network within a customer organization to identify all key influencers and decision makers.
- Experience working with/through channel partners and driving sales through marketing campaigns
- Business English and Dutch Language skills
- Must have strong (proven) relationship selling skills within the public sector and be able to lead sales calls at every level of an account, executive level or otherwise.
- Must be a self-starter/entrepreneur and strong closer with multi-tasking ability.
- Understanding of business organizations and their buying cycles is required.
- Experience selling in the high technology sector.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.