Account Manager - Government
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
The rise of digital technology has dramatically altered the landscape in public sector. Technology is the lifeline of the operations and services of the Government, Digital transformation will enable the Government to anticipate on the rapid economic and social changes.
In the role you will
- Own and nurture the relationships, building and executing the sales strategy on all meaningful levels up to the C-Level.
- Lead and orchestrate your extended account team in close collaboration with System Engineers, the extended Cisco team and our partners to create and maintain successful long-term relationships with our Government customers and their key stakeholders.
- Identify market developments and opportunities in your segment to sell solutions and services to fulfill turn over objectives.
- Plan and execute sales strategies in order to meet the agreed achievements and timescales and to ensure sales targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Orchestrate and build relationships within all layers of assigned accounts, including non-IT departments.
- Deliver accurate business metrics, monthly forecasts, weekly commits and pipeline development reports.
- Work in a high-/direct customer touch model, but ensure partner dedication.
Your success will reflect in sales achievements, long term customer relationships and happiness.
Who You'll Work With
We are Cisco Public Sector Sales. We sell solutions and products that support the digital transformation of the Dutch Public Sector. Our focus is to find and solve customers' most critical problems and help them optimize their public services. We anticipate our customers' needs, as the world shifts in an unprecedented transformation and technology impacts everything. You will join a team of highly skilled Sales professionals working with Pre-Sales and Technology specialists. Join the Public Sector Sales Team in The Netherlands, and make amazing things happen.
Who You Are
- You have comprehensive account management experience and high track record in a dynamic IT, Software, Services and Solution business
- You possess excellent selling skills, sound knowledge in complex IT solutions as well as long term account management skills.
- Ability to understand, articulate and position the value of a technology-based solution to the customer.
- Understanding of a large government organizations and their buying cycles,
- Deep understanding in developing trusted customer relationships up to C level combined with ability to network within a customer and partner organization to identify all key influencers and decision makers.
- Ability to demonstrate and engage internal resources such as Marketing, Technology Experts, Services and others.
- Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding sales targets. Experience in successful sales cycles on Software and Cloud services is beneficial.
- Negotiation skills to craft solutions that are beneficial to our customers, partners and Cisco overall.
- Ability to match customer needs with state of the art technology solutions and partners to deliver them.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator and able to write and speak Dutch and English fluently.
- BA degree in a business discipline or equivalent.
- Knowledge, existing relationships and/or a track record of selling into the Government organizations like large municipalities and central Government agencies.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.