Account Manager - Defence
Area of InterestSales - Product
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Account Manager in the Public Sector team reporting to the Go to Market Unit (GTMu) General Manager. This is a very important and critical sales role in the Cisco Australia Public sector group. Cisco has a very strong incumbency with well-established relationships over many years. The role covers some of the largest accounts in the Cisco Australian business.
Creating demand for Cisco Solutions and driving business relevance within the customer key decision makers. Contribute toward and execute against the sales strategy, managing and developing key client relationships to maximise Cisco's wallet-share and profitability.
Driving to exceed personal assigned quota goals as well as hitting personal targets, contributing to overall deal profitability through discount management, success and positive image of Cisco in the marketplace.
What You'll Do
- Formulate and Implement the sales plan for your territory to ensure sales targets are met and sustain business growth YoY.
- Understand the client & business needs and challenges.
- Responsible for managing outcome-based client relationships with the client.
- Interface with key Cisco extended team resources (Advanced Services, Product BUs, System Engineers, legal, Finance, Capital and Channel partner teams) and direct activities with the client.
- Attain and maintain an up to-date knowledge of Cisco products, services and value proposition.
- Overtime work towards maintaining a high-profile, professional Cisco presence through business value creation and solutions oriented selling.
- Develop, manage and deliver accurate/meaningful short and long terms sales forecasts and pipeline, in line with business objectives.
- Team focused and able to collaborate with local, regional and corporate teams in a large cross-functional organisation.
Who you Are
· 10+ years experience selling to customers with proven track-record in direct or telephone based sales.
· Experience in positioning complex sales solutions to customers or partners.
· A self-starter with the ability to learn and position technology/solution plays in view of driving the appropriate engagements with customers with clear business benefits in sight.
· Highly motivated with a hunting spirit and excited about direct selling to develop new opportunities and grow business in multiple technology dimensions.
· Demonstrated ability to respond and manage challenges in a fast moving business environment.
· A good listener and someone who is able to think outside the box to contribute creatively towards building solid business pipeline and driving sustainable business. to drive informed business decisions.
· An education qualification of Bachelor degree from a reputed university would be favourable.
· An understanding of the Cloud business model and market place would be preferable.
· Any experience in selling to the education sector (schools, Universities, Tafes etc) would be an advantage.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.