ASIC Verification Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Cisco’s silicon team has a proud heritage with over 20-years of demonstrated excellence in delivering innovative, high performance, quality silicon across Cisco’s networking portfolio. Network processors, DSP, wireless, security, SoCs and beyond, silicon provides the differentiation that enables Cisco products to achieve multi-billion dollars in revenue. Our team in Research Triangle Park is looking for forward-thinking, talented, and hardworking ASIC engineers to help lead Cisco through the digital transformation of today. You will be challenged to tap into your expertise to architect, design, verify, and implement Cisco’s next generation of ground breaking ASICs.
What You'll Do
- Author verification environment specifications, build test plans, and participate in micro-architecture specification reviews.
- Architect and implement complex verification environments.
- Help define, evolve, and support our verification methodology.
- Develop and analyze functional coverage.
- Collaborate with the design team to analyze and close code coverage.
- Scope third party verification IP requirements and solicit vendors.
- Triage, debug, and root cause simulation, software bring-up, and customer failures.
- Perform diagnostic and post silicon validation tests in the lab.
- Mentor and coach colleagues.
Who you Are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer engineering.
- 5+ years of ASIC verification experience.
- Excellent Verilog/System Verilog programming skills.
- Experience with UVM (or similar).
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming principles, constrained random stimulus, and a coverage driven verification approach.
- Strong interactive and waveform debug skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and team-focused with the commitment to learn and grow.
- Scripting experience (Python, Perl, TCL, shell programming) highly desirable.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s RTP silicon team provides a unique experience for ASIC engineers by combining the resources offered by a large multi-geography silicon organization and a large campus (with onsite gym, healthcare, and café, social interest groups, and philanthropy), with the startup culture and breadth of growth opportunities that working in a smaller ASIC team can provide. At Cisco we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals; and we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco