ASIC Verification Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Networking
What You'll Do
The Datacenter Networking Business Unit is looking for an experienced Verification Engineer to engage in new development of our Nexus 9K family. You will have an ASIC verification background with hands-on experience in RTL and verification, in-depth knowledge of SoC development cycle and the best industry practices, from specification through tape-out and lab validation, and a proven track record of success in high-performance/high-volume semiconductor markets.
Who You'll Work With
Come join us and take part in shaping Cisco’s revolutionary solutions for datacenters by designing some of the most complex chips being developed in the industry with the opportunity to get full exposure to all aspects of the systems and applications we build (Silicon, Hardware, Software, telemetry, security, etc). Our group offers a unique combination of a startup culture with the benefits of working for the leading networking company in the world!
Who You Are
You will collaborate closely with the design team and the hardware team to verify the ASIC in simulation, in emulation and during ASIC bring up.
- Participating in the DV infrastructure buildup effort.
- Maintaining existing testbenches.
- End-to-end verification of various design blocks.
- Be a part of top level verification.
- Take responsibility for emulation testing efforts.
- Be a partner in ASIC bringup
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EE .
- 4+ years of ASIC Design Verification experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- You possess deep understanding of C, C++ programming and debugging skills
- You have proven scripting experience (Python, Perl, TCL, shell programming)
- You are proficient in UVM
- Proficient in functional coverage and constrained random DV environments.
- You can write and execute test plans
- You are able to debug issues system-wide
- You have excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- You have the ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams and team-focused, and possess the drive to learn and grow
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.