ASIC SI-PI Package Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You Will Do
Cisco Silicon One ASIC team is looking for an expert in Power and Signal Integrity to help us develop our next generation silicon solutions. You will have Power and Signal Integrity responsibilities with hands-on experience on high speed serdes and modern high-speed interfaces. In addition, you will be involved in silicon development and all signal and power integrity requirements to make a new silicon product successful. You will extend a track record of leading similar products to manufacturing.
Who You Will Work With
You will work with the team developing silicon for Cisco's internal products and available to third-party companies. We are a focused ASIC team with experts in all aspects of Silicon Design and system integration. We are passionate about all the latest signaling and data transfer technology including optical and advanced packaging.
Who You Will Be
You will be an engineer working on the latest technologies and developing ASICs and silicon that push the boundary on power and signal integrity. The Power requirements and signaling speeds are only required by a small number of Silicon teams. You will be working on the silicon powering the world’s most complex networks and carrying over 90% of the worlds IP traffic.
Looking for power and signal integrity expert for focus on package analysis and system ASIC integration. The responsibilities will range from full path power analysis and signal integrity to full electrical planning and specification of electrical interfaces. An understanding of Serdes, signal integrity and power integrity is critical. Work will be with PCB and ASIC teams on power, Serdes and signal integrity. Final analysis and validation of IP and high performance compute subsystems in a lab environment will be required.
- Power analysis ranging from package to asic-package-pcb subsystem.
- Package Channel analysis for High Speed Serdes function and characterization.
- Advanced package analysis for HBM and modern packaging technologies.
- Low level device programming/scripting in a lab environment.
- Specification and analysis of power and high speed signaling (ASIC-Package-Board-Cabling) for advanced networking boards.
- Working with diverse teams on high power and thermal management of systems.
- Capability of understanding and driving to milestones to make development successful.
- Knowledge of package and/or PCB materials and material properties. Knowledge of 2.1D, 2.5D and interposer integration is a plus.
- Circuit board development for ASIC evaluation and validation.
- Ansys SiWave and CMA. HFSS a plus.
- Cadence XtractIM/PowerSI and PowerDC. Clarity a plus.
- Cadence Allegro and/or a working knowledge of Cadence APD/SIP.
- Lab hardware including oscilloscopes, VNA, PSU and electrical characterization.
- Knowledge of Linux and running related SI-PI tools in a Linux environment.
Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience. 3 or more years in the industry with experience on high performance circuit boards. Experience with large, high power and high speed components. Strong communication, problem solving, interpersonal and presentation/documentation skills.
Cisco Equal Opportunity
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.