ASIC Physical Technical Leader
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
- Develop and own physical design implementation of multi-hierarchy low-power designs including physical-aware logic synthesis, design for testability, floorplan, place and route, static timing analysis, IR Drop, EM, and physical verification in advanced technology nodes.
- Resolve design and flow issues related to physical design, identify potential solutions, and drive execution.
- Deliver physical design of an end-to-end IP or integration of ASIC/SoC design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent similar experience.
- 10+ years experience in physical design.
- Understanding of RTL2GDSII flow and design tapeouts in 16nm/7nnm/5nm or below process technologies.
- Experience with low power implementation, power gating, multiple voltage rails, UPF/CPF knowledge.
- Experience working with EDA tools like DC/Genus, ICC2/Innovus, Primetime, Redhawk/Voltus or Calibre.
- Experience running physical-aware logic synthesis and achieving optimal synthesis QoR on low power designs.
- Knowledge of static timing analysis and concepts, defining timing constraints and exceptions, corners/voltage definitions.
- Experience in Block-level and Full-chip floor-planning and power grid planning.
- Experience with custom or regular clock tree synthesis implementation at block level or top level, and clock power reduction techniques.
- Experience with Python, TCL, Perl programming.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it).
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.