ASIC Package Design Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Primary focus will be advanced IC Package power analysis and high speed signal analysis. Requirements will range from full path power analysis and signal integrity to full electrical planning and specification of electrical interfaces. An understanding of Serdes, signal integrity and power integrity is critical. Work will be with PCB and ASIC teams on power, Serdes and signal integrity. Final analysis and validation of IP and high performance compute subsystems in a lab environment will be required.
- Power analysis ranging from package to asic-package-pcb subsystem.
- Package Channel analysis for High Speed Serdes function and characterization.
- Low level device programming/scripting in a lab environment.
- Specification and analysis of power and high speed signaling (ASIC-Package-Board-Cabling) for advanced networking boards.
- Working with diverse teams on high power and thermal management of systems.
- Capability of understanding and driving to milestones to make development successful.
- Knowledge of package and/or PCB materials and material properties. Knowledge of 2.1D, 2.5D and interposer integration is a plus.
- Circuit board development for ASIC evaluation and validation.
- Cadence Allegro and/or a working knowledge of Cadence APD/SIP.
- Lab hardware including oscilloscopes, VNA, PSU and network gear.
- Knowledge of Ansys SiWave, CMA, Redhawk and Cadence XtractIM/PowerSI.
- Knowledge of Linux and running related SI-PI tools in a Linux environment.
Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience. 3 or more years in the industry with experience on high performance circuit boards. Experience with large, high power and high speed components. Strong communication, problem solving, interpersonal and presentation/documentation skills.