Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
Cisco SiliconOne team is looking for an expert and talented ASIC Engineer. You will have an ASIC design background with hands-on experience in design, verification, physical design, system testing, with in-depth knowledge of ASIC/SoC development cycle, the best industry practices, from specification through tape-out and lab validation, and a proven track record of success in high-performance/high-volume products.
- Looking for a Front-end Design team ASIC Engineer.
- Architectural work: in-depth understanding of the architecture, and identification of problems and solutions.
- All aspects of implementation: specification, design, verification, timing-closure, power-optimization, and flow automation.
- Physical design work: timing path analysis, optimization of the logic for low power and area; highlighting issues and standard methodologies for power and area optimization.
- Document and improve standard methodologies to make product successful.
Who You Are
- Worked in architecture and definition of high-scale, high-performance ASICs.
- Validated experience in implementation: specification, design, verification, formal verification, system testing.
- Validated experience in physical design aspects: timing analysis and closure, power/area optimizations, macro size/placement analysis.
- Validated experience in high bandwidth memory subsystems and timing closure.
- Validated experience in flow automation (scripting, Makefiles, etc), and establishing guidelines for the team.
- Good interpersonal skills, and validated leadership to accurately describe issues/improvements and lead team for on-time completion.
- 5+ years of hands on experience in large-scale, high-performance ASIC.
- BS/MS in EE/CS.
- End-to-end design experience from Verilog to gates, block planning, area/timing closure is helpful.
- RTL development and verification (VCS, System Verilog, UVM/OVM, Formal verification)
- Experienced in system debug and SW/HW bringup, system validation of silicon towards FCS.
- Gate-level understanding of RTL and Synthesis
- Programming/scripting skills (C, C++, Perl)
- Hardware Emulation Platforms and tools (such as EVE, Veloce)
- 5+ years of substantial experience
- Good written/verbal interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
Who You'll Work With
Come join us and be part of the Cisco SiliconOne team and take part in crafting Cisco's groundbreaking Enterprise and Service Provider solutions by crafting some of the most complex chips being developed in the industry with the opportunity to get full exposure to all aspects of the systems and applications we build (Silicon, Hardware, Software, telemetry, security, etc). Our group offers a rare combination of a startup culture with the benefits of working for the top tier networking company in the world!
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.