ASIC Design Verification Engineer - Technical Lead
Alternate LocationAnywhere in the Europe
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
ASIC Design Verification Engineer, Technical Leader - Acacia
Acacia, now part of Cisco, provides innovative silicon-based high speed optical interconnect products to accelerate network scalability through advancements in performance, capacity, and cost. Our DSP ASICs, silicon photonic PICs and coherent modules empower cloud and service providers to meet the fast-growing demand for data. We have assembled a team of cross-functional experts capable of solving the challenges of next generation optical interconnects, resulting in industry-leading, award-winning products. Come join us at Cisco, named the #1 world’s best workplaces, and do purposeful work that makes a global impact and gives back to a company culture that empowers an inclusive future for all.
The ASIC Design Verification Engineer will be a member of a team working on next generation 100G-1T coherent optical communications products. This role is a senior contributor focused on verifying highly-complex ASICs that are used in these next-generation telecom systems. The role combines applying sophisticated verification techniques to perform advanced individual contributions to the projects with developing process improvements for the team, mentoring teammates on techniques, technology & best-methods, and communicating with other technical leaders around the engineering community to add value to the ASIC projects.
This engineer must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly technical environment, and provide technical leadership to others on the team. A successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, collaborative and passionate about delivering the most advanced high speed optical products in the world. Knowledge of object-oriented verification methodologies is required.
Key Essential Functions:
- Develop detailed and comprehensive test plans
- Develop verification test benches
- Timely execution of test plans
- Assist with chip level design tradeoffs by working with design engineers
- Participate in review of design verification coding and coverage metrics
- Participate and assist in FPGA emulation efforts
- Work collaboratively with team to develop & incorporate latest technologies & processes
- Provide technical leadership & mentoring
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors or Masters degree majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electronic or Electrical Engineering with 5 or more years of experience.
- Experience with the latest ASIC verification methodologies, tools and scripting/programming languages
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog/UVM, SystemC
- Knowledge of C and/or C++
- Proven track record of innovation that leads to quantifiable improvements
- Self-motivation and the ability to execute effectively without supervision
- Knowledge of DSP algorithms and modulation techniques such as QAM is a plus
- Lab silicon validation experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Formal Verification methodologies and tools such as Jasper a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.