ASIC Design Verification Engineer
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Who We Are
Cisco’s silicon team has a proud heritage with over 20-years of demonstrated excellence in delivering creative, high performance, quality silicon across Cisco’s networking portfolio. Network processors, DSP, wireless, security, SoCs and beyond. Silicon provides the differentiation that enables Cisco products to achieve multi-billion dollars in revenue. Our team is looking for forward-thinking, hardworking, and passionate ASIC engineers to help lead Cisco through the digital transformation of today. You will be challenged to tap into your expertise to architect, design, verify, and implement Cisco’s next generation of state of the art ASICs.
ASIC design verification for Cisco Enterprise high-end switching products. Responsibilities include the development of simulation models, test plan, direct and random tests, code or functional coverage, multi-chip/system simulation, and performance analysis. Requires good communication skills to interface with the hardware, software designers and vendors. Applicant must be capable of working independently. Must be a good team player.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer engineering.
- 5+ years of ASIC design experience.
- Excellent Verilog/System Verilog programming skills.
- Proficient in physical design, implementation, and synthesis constraints.
- Experience with low-power design and clock domain crossings.
- Strong interactive and waveform debug skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and team-focused with the commitment to learn and grow.
- Understanding of SoC and/or networking ASICs highly desirable.
- Scripting experience (Python, Perl, TCL, shell programming) highly desirable.
- Must be proficient in SystemVerilog/UVM.
- Knowledge of Linux is essential. C/C++ and Python/Perl are preferred.
- Must be familiar with ASIC design and verification processes and tools.
- Must have strong debugging skills.
- Knowledge of Networking is preferred.
- Experience with Formal verification is a plus.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.