ASIC Design Verification Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
We are the Cisco Silicon One Team. We develop the technology that forms the backbone of the internet. We develop solutions that address challenges and prepare the foundation for the internet of the future. Our Hardware and Software solutions are tightly coupled with the development cycles that give us an unparalleled advantage in enabling our customers adopt the latest what technology can offer.
As part of Cisco Silicon One (#CiscoSiliconOne) our team develops complex, high-performance, feature-rich ASICs used in Cisco's networking products and third-party custom-built hardware systems. We invite highly motivated and skilled engineers to be part of our team to solve complex problems and develop solutions befitting our mission to connect the unconnected.
* Take ownership for functional verification of DUT at block, cluster and SoC level.
* Participate in architecture definition and modeling
* Contribute in micro-architecture specification and reviews.
* Partake in verification environment architecture and methdology.
* Develop a deep understanding of the design; Develop and execute testplan.
* Collaborate with architecture and design team members to successfully debug & verify DUT before tapeout.
* Engage in Post-silicon bring-up and debug tasks in the lab.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Masters (preferred) or Bachelors in Electrical/Computer Engineering.
* 5 years of on-job experience in high-performance ASIC verification required.
* Good understanding of ASIC design and verification methodology, flows and best-practices.
* Hands-on exprience with HVL and HDL languages and CAE tools.
* System Verilog and UVM experience required.
* Good understanding of constrained-random stimulus generation methodology.
* Experience in emulation based verification preferred but not a requirement.
* Strong problem-solving and communication skills with a team-player mindset.
* Networking knowledge preferred but not a requirement.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.