ASIC Design/ Verification Engineer
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Cisco Core ASIC Group (CAG) is part of the CHG and is responsible for developing state of the art Silicon for all the Cisco Core products. Our team develops custom switching / routing ASICs for use in Cisco’s flag bearer products like the Catalyst 3750, 92xx, 93xx, 94xx, 95xx and 96xx switching platforms as well as ASICs critical to strategic product areas being passionately pursued by Cisco. These silicon chips are used to build high density 10Gbps/40Gbps/100Gbps/400Gbps or higher speed multi-protocol switches / routers.
Who you'll work with:
Our creative and talented Design and Verification team in Bangalore, India. As a member of this team you will be involved in crafting next generation state-of-the-art networking chips in advanced process node. You will be involved in various aspects of frontend process involving specification, design, development and test of hardware.
What you will do:
- Participate in defining the design and implementation processes and procedures.
- Write complete unit and integration test plans.
- Writing test environment document.
- Writing module IS independently.
- Coding design modules with higher complexity
- Building test environment components and reference model components.
- Debugging the test environment.
- Writing chip level test cases.
- Chip level simulations and regressions.
- Guiding junior team members to successfully writing the test cases.
- Reviewing the test plans and test cases.
- Knowledge in networking domain
Who you are:
You are a HW engineer with 1- 3 years of related work experience with a broad mix of technologies including:
- Language skills – Verilog, C++, System Verilog/Vera/Specman, Synthesis, Lint
- Worked on networking ASICs
- Flexible to work on design or verification.
- Understanding of Verification methodologies like OVM, VMM, UVM
- Ability to understand the functional specifications
- Understands functional coverage.
- Knowledge of formal verification tools like Jasper, IFV is a plus.
- Knowledge of tools – Visio, Code coverage, VCS, Functional Coverage, CVS, DVE
- Scripting (perl / python) knowledge is a plus.
Bachelor's or a Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering required
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking daring risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.