Technical Lead Engineer – ASIC Verification
Alternate LocationAnywhere in the Europe
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Technical Lead Engineer – ASIC Verification
Acacia, now part of Cisco, provides innovative silicon-based high speed optical interconnect products to accelerate network scalability through advancements in performance, capacity, and cost. Our DSP ASICs, silicon photonic PICs and coherent modules empower cloud and service providers to meet the fast-growing demand for data. We have assembled a team of cross-functional experts capable of solving the challenges of next generation optical interconnects, resulting in industry-leading, award-winning products. Come join us at Cisco, named the #1 world’s best workplaces, and do purposeful work that makes a global impact and gives back to a company culture that empowers an inclusive future for all.
The ASIC Design Verification Lead Engineer will be leading a team, working on next generation 100G-1T coherent optical communications products. This role is for a senior contributor & technical leader, focused on verifying highly complex ASICs that are used in these next-generation telecom systems. The role requires someone to leverage their experience applying sophisticated verification techniques to ASIC projects: ensuring design quality, developing process improvements for the team, and mentoring teammates on techniques, technology & best-methods for verification. This role also requires significant communicate skills (both written and verbal) to add value to the ASIC projects, working with other technical leaders on the trans-continental engineering team.
This Lead Engineer must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly technical environment, creating unique verification solutions and providing technical leadership to others on the team. A successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, collaborative and passionate about delivering the most advanced high-speed optical products in the world. Knowledge of object-oriented verification methodologies is required.
Key Essential Functions:
- Provide technical leadership & mentoring
- Lead and develop detailed and comprehensive test plans
- Lead and develop verification test benches
- Apply state-of-the-art verification techniques to complex designs
- Supervise timely execution of test plans by rest of team
- Lead and assist with chip level design tradeoffs by working with design engineers
- Participate in review of design verification coding and coverage metrics
- Participate and assist in FPGA emulation efforts
- Work collaboratively with team to develop & incorporate latest technologies & processes
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors or Masters degree majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electronic or Electrical Engineering with 15 or more years of experience.
- Extensive experience with the latest ASIC verification methodologies, tools and scripting/programming languages
- Extensive experience of SystemVerilog/UVM, SystemC
- Experience with C and/or C++
- Proven track record of innovation that leads to quantifiable improvements
- Self-motivation and the ability to execute effectively without supervision
- Knowledge of DSP algorithms and modulation techniques such as QAM is a plus
- Lab silicon validation experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Formal Verification methodologies and tools such as Jasper a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.