ASIC Design Engineer Technical Leader
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
At Cisco we develop the technology that forms the backbone of the internet. Wedevelop solutions that address challenges and prepare the foundation for the internetof the future. Our Hardware and Software solutions are tightly coupled with thedevelopment cycles that gives us an unparalleled advantage in enabling our customersadopt the latest what technology can offer. As part of
Cisco Silicon One
) our team develops complex, high-performance, feature-rich ASICs used in Cisco'snetworking products and third-party custom-built hardware systems. We invite highlymotivated and skilled engineers to be part of our team to solve complex problems anddevelop solutions befitting our mission to connect the unconnected.
* Participate in architecture definition and modeling as needed
* Define micro-architecture specification and reviews.
* Design logic using HDL language(verilog, system verilog) , synthesis it and work on timing closure(STA) including writing timing constraints
* Carry out IP Design integration and Top Level work
* Collaborate with Design Verification and Physical Design teams
* Engage in post-silicon bringup and debug in the lab
Qualifications and Skills:
* Bachelors or Masters (preferred) in Electrical/Computer engineering.
* Experience (atleast 10+ years) in high-performance ASIC Designs and have seen multiple Asic's from Specification to GDS
* Experience of using Synthesis tools , simulator and static timing analysis tool
* Good understanding of ASIC design flow
* Hands-on experience with and HDL languages and tools, scripting and programming languages (verilog, SV, C++, Perl and/or Python etc…).
* Good problem solving skills.
* Good communication and team skills.
* Networking knowledge preferred, but not essential
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.