ASIC DVT Engineer - Acacia
Location:Maynard, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
The ASIC DVT Engineer will perform post-silicon bring-up, characterization and debug in the lab to assure correct operation of Acacia designed ASIC’s.
Key Essential Functions:
- Validation of correct post-silicon functionality of ASIC devices
- Work with the Hardware/Software/Firmware teams to prepare evaluation boards and items necessary for device bring-up and characterization
- Work with the ASIC development team to prepare bring-up plans and Python/Perl scripts to validate new devices
- Debug issues with the Hardware/Software/Firmware in order to complete validation
- Use experience with protocol testers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and other lab equipment to analyze and test devices
- Characterize devices across environmental conditions and manufacturing process corners
- Write validation and characterization reports
- Work with equipment vendors to find, order, and integrate latest lab test and characterization equipment
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- EE or CS Degree and 3+ years of ASIC DVT experience.
- Ability to analyze and document cause and effect relationships (DOE).
- Experience working in a lab environment, with solid fundamental knowledge of power supplies, cabling, and component interaction, the use of scopes and logic analyzers as well as the ability to write and read registers.
- Ability to write scripts (Perl, Python, and/or TCL).
- Solid understanding of HW interfaces such as: I2C, SPI, PCIe and/or UART.
- Experience on analog IP tests or test setup (PLL, high speed IO, ADC/DAC, etc)
- Experience measuring/analyzing thermal resistance and poser characteristics a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.