ASIC DVT Engineer - Acacia
Location:Maynard, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Job Description / Key Responsibilities:
The ASIC DVT Engineer will perform post-silicon bring-up, characterization and debug in the lab to assure correct operation of Acacia designed ASIC’s.
Key Essential Functions:
- Measure electrical performance of Application-Specific Integrated Circuits.
- Develop test algorithms and calibration procedures/standards
- Program configuration registers.
- Perform post-silicon bring-up, testing and debug in the lab.
- Responsible for debug and bug-fix verification and documentation
- Poll status registers and chip device usage.
- Perform problem localization and root-cause analysis.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- EE or CS Degree and 3+ years of ASIC DVT experience.
- Ability to analyze and document cause and effect relationships (DOE).
- Experience working in a lab environment, with solid fundamental knowledge of power supplies, cabling, and component interaction, the use of scopes and logic analyzers as well as the ability to write and read registers.
- Ability to write scripts (Perl, Python, and/or TCL).
- Solid understanding of HW interfaces such as: I2C, SPI, PCIe and/or UART.
- Experience on analog IP tests or test setup (PLL, high speed IO, ADC/DAC, etc)
- Experience measuring/analyzing thermal resistance and poser characteristics a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.