ASEAN IT Transformation Engagement Lead
Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
The ASEAN IT Transformation Engagement Lead is a key customer facing role, delivering transformational IT infrastructure consulting engagements and strategic deal pursuits as an avenue to beginning customer transformation journeys
You will be responsible for leading the IT transformation engagements with strategic customers throughout the business development process from identifying, structuring and managing the engagement, working with technical and subject matter experts designing the potential solution and commercial model, proving the value by creating business cases, building the proposed roadmap and finally documenting the case study.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of solving business problems and technology enabled execution. It offers the rare chance to see the impact of your ideas in live customer settings while deepening consultative sales skills and enjoying entrepreneurial responsibilities.
- As an Engagement Lead, you will lead cross-functional teams to deliver consultative IT transformation sales engagements for Cisco’s strategic customers in ASEAN, including leading engagement workstreams and activities, working with internal (and partner, as required) teams and stakeholders to produce output and deliverables
- Carry out detailed “As-Is” assessment of customer’s business & IT landscape and operating model, assess requirements/use cases, challenges
- Facilitate customer workshops (identify customer challenges and objectives in technology, operational and financial domains, create workshop content, next steps and post workshop material)
- Build commercial and operating models and business cases by leveraging industry / benchmarking data, Cisco proprietary data and other sources and applying them to customer goals, metrics and ROI guidelines
- Work closely with Cisco Sales and Delivery teams in developing and delivering point of views, “To-Be” roadmaps and proposal to meet our customer’s business and IT needs. The POV’s and proposals will be based on Cisco’s IT as a business transformation framework and include architecture roadmaps, operating and financial models, and the supporting business case
- Actively develop and handle key executive relationships with our customers key partners, run all aspects of Cisco teams and client communications as well as schedules, and ensure appropriate Cisco resources are engaged
- Prepare internal and external assets such as briefing documents, customer presentations, business cases and proposals
- Participate in the post engagement governance to ensure the developed roadmap or solution is on-track and addressing customers objectives and expectations
- Document case studies post successful engagements. Provide input and content to thought leadership material, supporting communication and publication plans
Who You'll Work With
The Strategic Engagement team is focused on helping solve our customers' most pressing challenges and opportunities by using critical capabilities to increase our multi-domain penetration in a software defined world and fueling the power of technology, Cisco, and our partners. We are accelerating our shift to being towards becoming a software-led, as a service, managed service, and lifecycle-focused sales organization to support our customers business needs and drive growth.
We're committed to a customer-in approach focused on delivering outcomes that make a difference; intent on providing value and modelling the collaboration necessary to ensure success. As champions of our customers' voice, this team will ensure that we develop a streamlined and compelling point of view when it comes to understanding and accelerating the transformation priorities.
The team is a cross-functional consultative engagement team. It brings together consultants, business development professionals, solution architects across the various ASEAN countries into one team to architect and execute strategic engagements. Covering a broad range of domains, from infrastructure consulting engagements to large multi-architecture deals, technology platform partnerships and joint innovation programs, the engagements are transformative in nature and unlock new value streams for customers and Cisco.
ASEAN Sales is a world class sales team with driven focus on finding and solving our customer’s most critical problems and partner with them to capture market opportunities. We pride ourselves in our ability to sell business outcome and solutions, not just products. Our competitive intensity is second to none. We constantly seek to reinvent ourselves to stay ahead of the game. We take bold actions and being all in to deliver our commitments to our customers and partners. We empowered our team to go beyond and deliver great value to differentiate ourselves.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of proven experience leading and mentoring high performance cross-functional sales / consulting teams working directly with customers and senior management on large scale IT infrastructure consulting engagements or deal pursuits including operating and/or financial models
- Self-starter with ability to structure complex consulting engagements or deals, effectively communicating the expected outcomes, roles and responsibilities of the engagement team
- Understanding of architecture and technology frameworks. Industry qualifications like TOGAF is a plus
- Understanding of service management frameworks. Experience in IT architecture or operating environment of large Enterprises or Managed Service Providers is a plus
- Understanding of financial models, produce and present the financial analyses and consumption models, lead client discussions on the impact to financial value they can potentially achieve
- Execute against strategy to deliver desired business results and can effectively persuade others using data-based knowledge, emotional intelligence, confidence, and organizational savvy.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in developing methods, frameworks, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Effective in communicating with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, from senior management to architecture teams
- Analytical problem solver with preferably a strong mathematics and technology background as well as excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve with focus on continuous improvement and using Cisco architecture blueprints, tools, data resources, and reuse of knowledge to avoid redundant effort
- Desire to continually learn and improve approaches and methodologies while managing ambiguity effectively. Flexibility and adaptability are key.
- Develop technical competence by seeking to stay abreast of new developments in core competencies and to learn about related fields to apply knowledge effectively
- Accurately anticipate the reactions of others and listen actively to identify their motives or concerns. You are able to read verbal and non-verbal cues to understand relationships and situations.
- Project Management skills including planning, reporting, directing/coordinating the work of others as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Have a BA/BS degree (preferred)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!