APPD Technical Leader Czech Republic - JV(4746)
Location:Prague, Czech Republic
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
AppDynamics solutions deliver real-time access to every aspect of our customer’s business and operational performance, so they can anticipate problems, resolve them automatically, and make smarter business decisions. With over 2,000 high-profile customers (over 100 of them from Fortune 500) and growth, we are disrupting the multi-billion-dollar Application Intelligence market. In the past few years, Gartner has recognized AppDynamics as a leader in Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Management.
The AppD R&D Center in Prague was founded in December 2017 by a group of passionate and experienced engineers, who previously helped to shape the Java and Java EE landscape and who enjoy technical challenges, welcome new learning opportunities and always find ways to have fun.
In AppD Prague team, we focus on evolving our hugely successful and market-leading product into a full-scale SaaS cloud-native solution that applies machine learning to provide intelligent insights into customer data and work closely with teams in San Francisco and Bangalore. Over the next few years, our plan is to
expand the Prague R&D Center and build strong and motivated team ready to work on solving the most interesting and challenging problems with endless opportunities to learn and use cutting-edge technology.
You can learn more about work at AppD on our Careers website and Engineering Blog.
You are the kind of engineer that loves solving the hardest resiliency and scalability problems, enjoys large data scaling challenges and you are comfortable rolling your sleeves up. You are creative, out-of-the-box
thinker, self-starter and independent, but always willing to communicate and share ideas and best practices with team, as well as enthusiastic to learn new technologies and passionate about programming and software development.
You also have:
• MSc. degree in CS or equivalent & 3+ years of related experience.
• Strong computer science foundations in data structures, algorithms, multi-threading.
• Proficiency in Java, and multi-tenant SaaS systems.
• Understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed.
• Experience leveraging technologies such as MySQL, Kafka, Redis, K8s, Docker, RxJava etc.
It’s a huge plus if you have experience with:
• Cloud technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud etc.
• Building APIs that cater to large scale datasets and usage.
• Shipping multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments.
• Full 360 degrees of software development process from requirements phase to handling production incidents.
About the Role
Our platform handles millions of requests/min and manages rich metadata and graph models in a scalable and highly available service-oriented platform. It provides application metadata for performance monitoring, policy evaluation, workflow automation, data visualization, correlation and slice-dice data analysis.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for building and evolving these resilient, scalable and distributed core platform services. In your day-to-day work, you will participate in all aspects of software development
lifecycle – from working on proof-of-concepts and usability prototypes to delivering production-quality code deployed and run as part of our SaaS and on-premise products.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about. Yet, there are even more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed and come in the morning. Around the globe, our employees enjoy a competitive set of benefits, fun perks, support and recognition. Our perks and benefits
are aimed to support our employees and the people who depend on them. We offer the usual must- haves, plus awesome extras:
• Competitive compensation for your work
• Extra day off as our gift to your birthday
• Company-wide year-end shutdown to recharge
• Paid sick days, Volunteer time off, and Emergency time off
• Access to popular conferences, trainings and education programs to broaden your horizons
• Charitable gift matching program
• Baby gift program
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Global recognition program
• Private healthcare program
• Pension insurance contribution and supplementary life insurance
• Meal vouchers and an office fridge full of food
• Company sponsored team events
Just a note
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or any other unlawful factor.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resume to our website or to any AppDynamics employee.
AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.