APJC Partner Organization – Sales Business Development Manager, Strategic Partners
Additional Location(s)Melbourne, North Sydney Australia
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Do you want to work in one of the most dynamic and exciting parts of Cisco? Do you want to build offers that help our partners become more profitable while delighting customers? Do you value diversity of thought, experience and cultures? Do you like having fun at work?
This is the role for you!
You will effectively define multi-year strategy, communicate business and technology vision, and efficiently motivate change. The position also requires an appropriate process and business sense, and the ability to work across Cisco’s functions to drive transformation and impact for our Strategic Channel Partners in APJC and country sales teams.
You will have a minimum of 10 relevant years’ experience working with Strategic Channel Partners developing the Cisco channel business. You will possess both a background that enables engagement with Cisco’s sales leadership as well as the Executives within our Partner community and the skills to promote relevance of their mission to sales organizations both within Cisco and our broader partner community.
This role requires the selected individual to develop a strong understanding of Cisco’s value proposition for the partners and use this to build a strong framework that defines and governs Cisco’s interactions with the nominated and selected partners across the region. As such, a mature level of understanding of the partner landscape, the economic model of this segment of partners and the key requirements to succeed in positioning and selling Cisco to our joint customers will form the basis of success for this role.
- You will be responsible for building, coordinating and developing enablement initiatives based on identified focus areas within the jointly developed partner plans.
- You will engage with sales and channel teams to develop impactful campaign plays and execute demand generation activities to drive funnel creation and deliver a measurable return on investment.
- Build awareness of meaningful Cisco programs and be able to articulate the business benefits (rebates, incentives).
- Facilitate opportunity mapping, sales team alignment and identifying accounts through quarterly interlocks with the Sales and Architecture Teams.
- Articulate and Drive partner differentiation to close off opportunities.
- Leverage available programs to ensure that the Cisco field team is assisting partners to scale, sell into and across the entire Cisco portfolio of technology solutions.
- Work with each partner executive team and proactively develop the partners’ Cisco competencies.
- 10+ years’ experience in channel sales, direct sales or business development with a technology company.
- Understands the importance of the channel to driving Cisco’s business.
- Validated ability to lead a business in the APJC region.
- Ability to influence and build platforms, offers and funnel with the selected partners, provide competitive positioning support as well as product and technology support.
- Translate a multi-year journey into quarterly deliverables.
- Displays a high of level of passion, energy, excitement and intensity for the channel.
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges; build and convey compelling value propositions for Partners.
- Ability to drive strategy to execution through significant business expertise and a drive towards specific outcomes.
- Experience in leading direct and indirect teams across multiple geographies in APJC
- Strong Executive presence and validated ability to build credibility and relationships with partner and Cisco executives.
- Management of initiatives including strategy creation, project planning, meeting minutes and execution.
- Values a collaborative culture and the diversity of people and perspectives.
- Ability to work within a geographically distributed and matrix environment, strong influencing and collaboration skills.
- Experience in transforming organizations to make them more efficient and focused.
- At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
- Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco