APJC Government Affairs (Intern) - Singapore
Area of InterestHuman Resources
APJC Government Affairs
Duration: 6 months (Full-time or Part-Time)
Start Date: January/February 2023
- Support advancement of Cisco’s public policy agenda in APJC, particularly Information Communication Technology (ICT) Policy goals including cybersecurity, cross-border data flows, spectrum management, sustainability and trade facilitation. This entails:
- Developing effective engagement strategies to influence key stakeholders
- Preparing submissions for industry consultations
- Growing a wide network of contacts, especially in ICT government agencies and industry associations
Key Selection Criteria:
The ideal candidate should have strong interest in technology and public policy, with demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Demonstrated intellectual leadership and ability to think strategically about the interface between technology, policy and regulation
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills and the ability to develop and implement complex influencing and negotiating strategies
- Ability to focus on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
- Diplomacy, and the ability to be discrete, tactful, and mature
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and technological issues to high-level, non-technical Government and business leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
Education and Collaboration
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field (e.g., public policy, law, economics or engineering) and currently pursuing a Masters degree in public policy, law, economics, computer science, engineering
- Self-starter, proven ability to work independently on multiple projects and priorities at once, deliver complex projects and activities on time and within budget
- Works well with cross-functional and virtual teams
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.