APJC Competitive Business Development Manager
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking
What You'll do
As Competitive Business Development Manager, an instrumental individual contributor in Cisco’s Specialist organisation with impact across the all architecture solutions. In this role, you will work to unwind complex competitive problems, gain insight into the opportunities inherent in those problems, recommend a path forward, and drive execution. Projects can include: Influence and formulation of long-term competitive strategic priorities and plans, highlighting key emerging industry trends, Develop competitive market expansion opportunities, Detailed analysis of competitive dynamics and internal business performance improvement. You'll be the specialist in Cisco’s and our competitor’s businesses. You will be a creative leader who helps guide the company’s product portfolio and business strategy for the future. This extends from growing the profitability of existing products, to recognizing opportunities to develop new solutions.
- Drive competitive interlocks with APJC, segment leadership and across architecture teams.
- Drive channel competitive strategy by partnering with APJC; regional partner org, regional distribution org and managed service provider org.
- Drive field and channel investment and pricing decisions for standard and non-standard programs.
- Build new competitive product offers to drive growth.
- Build localized offers for country or segment specific initiatives.
- Drive competitive testing, enablement, and strategy to arm the sales, systems engineering, and partners with the right information at the right time to win.
- Provide feedback to platform product management groups on market trends and competitive threats.
- Drive QBR content from GTM perspective.
- Partner with Product and Solutions Marketing team to map GTM initiatives directly to marketing plan.
- Lead development of new business models that cut across multiple product groups.
- Maintain a strong point of view on strategy to meet customer needs supported by customer data and analytics
- Lead multiple competitive projects across the organization, as well as provide strategic mentorship to Cisco’s highest levels of leadership
- Identify, analyze customer decision criteria, and present tactical solutions to new customer spending paradigms and consumption models
- Based on customer analysis and overall forward-thinking industry knowledge, extrapolate what trends and solutions will meet medium and long-term solutions and develop top level investment strategies to get there
- Drive thought leadership and POV across development teams (Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) and inspire change and adoption
- Direct the development of new opportunities and lead all aspects of the commercialization of new products
- Influence and drive how products go to market, and develop sales organization strategies
- Long Range Strategy & Planning (LRSP) and Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) QBR process management
Key Capabilities Include:
- 10 or more years of technical / commercial experience driving technical product strategies in complex organizations
- Able to effectively communicate to executives, engineers, field sales and systems engineering teams
- Must be able to demonstrate confidence in architecture, engineering, operations, and security discussions
- Expertise in Network Security, and Enterprise technologies including; Cloud as a service models, virtualized technologies to include virtual machines, containers, and their inherent product offerings/challenges/trends
- You have experience in successfully building relationships across engineering, marketing and sales organizations and providing valuable technical / commercially aware input into product development
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinking to drive compelling solutions to problems
- Demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate market trends translating them into new opportunities and initiatives
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with other parts of the business
- Ability to understand complex and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges, and the ability to communicate strategies for effective solutions
- Talent Development
Demonstrated Proficiencies Required:
- Eye For Business
- Technical Acumen
- Executive Presence
- Stakeholder Management
- Action and Results Orientation
- Conflict Management (includes interpersonal efficiency)
- Developmental People Leadership
- Communications, Written, Public Speaking
- 15-20 years business, consulting, sales experience
- 5-7 Years Cisco Systems Engineering or Engineering
- IT or Competitive Intelligence Management
- B. S. or B. A, Masters, Preferred
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.