1404295 Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer
Location:Fulton, Maryland, US
Alternate LocationMust be within driving distance onsite 3 to 4 days a week in Columbia, MD.
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Compensation Range115300 USD - 158400 USD
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
*** The successful applicant will be performing work on US Government classified environments, and therefore, must be a U.S. Person (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, asylee, or refugee). This position may also perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil. The successful applicant must have a current US Government Top Secret Clearance. Must be within driving distance onsite 3 to 4 days a week in Columbia, MD. ***
What You'll Do
CX Americas, US Public Sector Advanced Services delivers innovative, end to end, optimized networking and architecture solutions to public sector IT leaders who are accelerating their mission by transforming their IT. Serving the U.S. Federal government, state and local governments, education, and publicly funded healthcare, we provide senior technical expertise, deep knowledge of the public sector domain, and a strong commitment to the missions of this unique group of customers.
The Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Advanced Services Network Optimization and/or Unified Collaboration services to Cisco's Tier 1 Customers in the US Public Sector market. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer" working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and able to rapidly respond to escalated issues. With a top tier mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent customer relationship skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
Who You'll Work With
The USPS team is comprised of geographically dispersed engineers that design, architect, and support work on critical networks with leading edge Cisco solutions. This team is leading the way in providing foundational engineering and operations support with the expectation for networks and data centers to perform at the highest possible levels. We work with our customer in getting their infrastructure ready for future architectures and solutions and assisting them in navigating through proof of concepts and introduction of the same. Strong relationship building and social skills are traits of successful consultants in this organization. We are strongly focused on continuous development and training on new products/technologies that keep us in a leading position as industry network consulting leaders.
As part of this team, you will work directly with our customers and gain hands-on experience and exposure into their networks. You will collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact to our nation’s security. We will value your ideas and perspective on how to get things done. You will work on network infrastructures and help to deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and cloud.
Who You Are
• Builds and maintains consultative / trusted advisor relationship with clients.
• Performs problem analysis and acts as technical specialist for the complex deployments and provides highest-level crisis management.
• Proven technical project management skills.
• Strong technical presentation skills to all levels, especially to Cisco and customer senior management.
• Leadership and mentoring skills.
• Ability to influence at senior levels in Cisco and customer organizations.
Role & Responsibilities
• Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complexity networking problems.
• Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
• Contributes to Virtual Teams.
• Provides ad hoc systems/product knowledge transfers.
• Assists in generation of standard project documentation including test plans.
• Assists in generation of network configurations from Low Level Design
• Assists in execution of project delivery including network staging, implementation and handover.
• Assists in Network Upgrade and Migration Activities.
• Assists customer with deployment of medium complexity tools and related Network Management Systems.
• 3 days per week onsite at the customer location in Washington, D.C.
• Minimum 6-8 years of experience with a CCNA or a CCNP in Network Systems Administrators/Advanced Services (AS) / Network Optimization Service (NOS) and must have CISSP, or Sec+
• Experience with large scale Network Design, deploying, and maintaining networks
• Has a CCNP or CCNA, Certification. CCIE is highly desirable, or demonstrated equivalent experience in any one of the specialties listed
• Must have DoD Secret clearance or higher
• Adapt to different customer needs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Client facing experience.
• Comprehensive understanding of all IP protocols
• Strong communication skills – The job requires “soft skills” for effective interaction with the customer and Cisco team members
• Strong verbal and written skills are a must
• Expertise with Cisco software features and functionality
• Conduct group training and one-on-one knowledge transfers of routing and switching technology implementations
• Strong operational and consultancy experience
Knowledge of one of the following technology areas:
Cisco Route/Switch (R/S) or Unified Collaboration (UC)
• In-depth knowledge of designing complex routing and switching networks
• Experience with configuring routing and switching devices
• Ability to conduct training and one-to-one mentoring concerning routing and switching technology
• Be able to demonstrate their ability to lead or guide teams made up of Cisco, Customer and Partner members in the analysis and troubleshooting of complex routing and switching network problems
• Experience with Quality of Service (QoS) development and implementation
Unified Collaboration (UC)
• A deep understanding of key technologies and protocols in Unified Collaboration (UC)
• Working knowledge of one or more of the following: CUCM, CMS, Expressway, Vbrick/Rev, UC Analytics (e.g. Vyopta), and CER
• In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability, and capacity management
• Be experienced delivering Cisco standard methodologies in the customer's environment
• Be capable to provide high level crisis management through anticipation of issues, problems or events and actively resolving them with the customer and partners
• Leverage strong communication, consulting, and customer relationship skills to quickly create productive collaborations
• Can simplify analysis and present results clearly at all levels of the business - including at senior management team level
• Have the capacity to see and articulate a vision that inspires change
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems
• Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.