1403268 - WPR Logistics Project Specialist
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Compensation Range64800 USD - 117300 USD
What You’ll Do:
- You will be responsible for the timely processing of all WPR global non-production shipments.
- You will initiate and complete all necessary shipment bookings with the designated small parcel carrier or freight forwarder to provide the best balance between service level cost and desired delivery date.
- You will handle critical issue resolution/management of daily tactical global transportation activities.
- You will establish and maintain relations with external partners such as FedEx, DHL, and Expeditors International.
- You will ensure that asset management has all necessary information to make asset transfer and valuation decision.
- You will ensure that carriers have all needed ship from and ship to information needed to accurately pickup and deliver the shipment.
- Upon completion of all GSA compliance checks, generate and match all GSA documents (Commercial Invoice, travelers, permits, bills of lading and airway bills) prior to staging for tender to the carriers.
- You will work in a collaborative team environment with Cisco BU’s, Cisco regulatory partners (GTC, GET, GTO) and other departments that ensures maximum client satisfaction.
- You will maintain compliance with all required training & certifications.
- WPR global non-production shipping policy
- Export/Import controls
- Dangerous Goods
- Provide WPR Non-Production shipping process training and global shipping application tool training to end users
- Other duties as assigned
Who You’ll Work With:
Workplace Resources (WPR) delivers workplace experiences to Cisco employees and optimizes company working capital, at scale, and with a focus on productivity and business outcomes. The WPR Logistics Team sits in WPR and is responsible for all non-production shipping across Cisco.
You will be part of the logistics team, which is within the Governance and Vendor Management team in WPR and support Cisco employees in theater in all non-production shipping. You will report to the Leader, WPR Logistics. As part of the WPR Logistics team, you will help enable Cisco's success by delivering adaptive, innovative, and scalable services that optimize internal customer outcomes.
Who You Are:
- Education and Experience: high school diploma or GED, associate degree preferred; Minimum one to three years related experience.
- Basic Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications; Accurate typing skills and/or data entry skills; Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must have/develop skills to become proficient with GSA shipping tool and SC logic.
- Exposure to import/export regulations & procedures
Desired additional qualifications:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a time and be extremely organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure and daily deadlines.
- Highly motivated and willing to work flexible work hours to accommodate business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Pro-active can-do nature.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.