1396246 Customer Delivery Engineering Consultant
Location:Honolulu, Hawaii, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Compensation Range121200 USD - 164500 USD
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
*** The successful applicant will be performing work on US Government classified environments, and therefore, must be a U.S. Person (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, asylee, or refugee). This position may also perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil. The successful applicant must have a current US Government Secret or above Clearance ***
***CANDIDATES MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURRENT SECRET OR TOP SECRET-SCI U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THESE POSITIONS***
What You'll Do
These customer delivery engineering consultant positions are responsible for the delivery of network and/or security services. The positions are located in the state of Hawaii on the islands of Oahu and Kauai. The customer base is the Asia/Pacific area and includes the following. The engineering consultants will work with one or several of these customers:
1. DOD customers include the Air Force, Space Force, Army, Navy, Marines, and INDOPACOM. DOD customers are located in Hawaii, Japan, Guam, Korea, and exercise locations in other countries.
2. Commercial customers in the state of Hawaii and other US territories in the Pacific such as banks and airlines
3. State/Local/Education customers such as the state Departments of Transportation and Education, universities.
There are multiple positions available. They are engineering consultant positions dedicated to customer contracts. Senior engineering consultant positions are available, called Tech Leaders (TLs), as well as mid-career engineering consultant positions, called Service Consulting Engineers (SCEs). Cisco engineering consultants perform and drive architectural and high and low-level designs, assist the customer in optimizing their network and security infrastructures, and integrate engineering efforts for complex network and security solutions. They assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. They identify and document network/security design and architecture best practices. They work closely with the Product Account Team and their strategy for account growth--both product and services—and provide insight to the customer’s buying strategy and initiatives.
Cisco engineering consultants align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, they are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. They will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers, support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies along with configure devices and troubleshoot errors.
Cisco engineering consultants solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies and vendors, showing the value of our services at all times being proactive and involved in all aspects of our services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
In addition to their day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other engineers is required. Cisco consulting engineers also provide backup support on other Cisco Advanced Services contracts.
Who You'll Work with
The Cisco Customer Experience involves helping craft the customer's vision for their network and maintain a secure, state-of-the-art environment that is second to none in terms of network uptime and reliability. The qualified engineer in this account will be able to have an impact on the customer base and help them transform to meet their mission.
Who You Are
The successful candidate will provide support to our customers in testing and verification of solutions, along with hands-on support as technology is being deployed, implemented, or optimized.
· Ability to architect solutions using state-of-the-art Cisco technologies of Software-Defined Networking, Zero Trust, and cloud.
· Ability to architect solutions across the functional areas of security, collaboration, and core route/switch using virtual networks and commercial solutions for classified.
· Ability to work with other architects and engineers to provide solutions for a worldwide military, commercial, state, and educational enterprises.
· Provide best practices consulting to remediate findings.
· Support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies, configure devices, and troubleshoot errors.
· Show the value of our services at all times – be proactive and get involved in all aspects of our services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
· Demonstrated consulting skills and customer-facing experience which should include working with customer senior leaders and working groups when required.
· Prior demonstrated experience working with minimal direct supervision. The candidate should be able to effectively work on their own and engage other team members when required to meet the customer’s needs and providing deliverables as required on time.
· CCIE is preferred; required for the senior Tech Leader positions
· Must have CISSP, or Sec+, CCNA Security or other IAT-II qualifying certifications
· Typically requires BS degree or equivalent plus 6-8 years’ experience in a network engineering, telecommunications support environment or internetworking
· Must be willing to travel up to 50%
The successful candidate will have experience across one or more of the following technical specialties with primary specialization in any one of them:
· Experienced in providing complex design recommendations integrating new features and new applications. Advocate for the customer’s best interest and promote Cisco.
· Have Route/Switch advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, Datacenter Switching Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, MPLS, LAN Switching, Multicast, Route Redistribution, Software-Defined Networking, Software-Defined WAN, and Automation.
· Familiarity with features, examples include: MPLS (L2/L3 VPN/VRF-Lite) and MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, inter-AS, QoS, Ipv6, IP SLAs, RPVST+, MST, PIM, DMVPN, GETVPN, NetFlow, PfR.
· Candidate must have advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: System Hardening and Availability, Threat Identification and Mitigation, Intrusion Prevention and Content Security, Identity Management, ASA Firewall/VPN, IOS Firewall and Confidentiality, Secure Access (PKI, IKE, RSA, etc), and Zero Trust.
· Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex security problems with network, data center, wireless, or collaboration systems.
· Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems and compatibility issues
· Contribute to Virtual Teams
· Provide ad hoc systems/product training
· Generate reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables.
· Experience with ISE, FirePower, SteathWatch, ASA, Firewall and[CW(2] /or IPS
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.