Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the design, development and operation of application life cycle management systems with a focus on a platform that scales for a geographically distributed user base. You will integrate and automate everything in the DevOps spirit having an impact on thousands of engineers development workflows.
Who You’ll Work With
A small team of skilled DevOps engineers pushing to automate, scale and secure Atlassian-based services. The team follows an agile Scrum model primarily located in RTP, NC while collaborating across various time zones.
Who You Are
The focus is a DevOps role which means having a self-starter attitude, adapt to changing needs, attention to detail, automate everything, an ability to lead and train others and capable of addressing issues in a dedicated manner. You can tackle problems, document and communicate what is needed. You have experience with development with Python, Linux, shell scripting and Ansible. You know application life cycle management systems, in particular, Atlassian products. You have knowledge of and experience with databases like Postgres and database schemas. You know how to automate with configuration management tools, like Ansible.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of Linux (RHEL) administration
- Knowledge of one or more distributed version control systems (Git, Mercurial)
- Experience with SQL and DB schemas
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong oral and written communications skills addressing multiple levels of engineers and management
- Ability to execute with minimal supervision while guiding and mentoring others
- Understanding of networking and related protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SSH)
- Experience with Python/Java software development
- Experience with monitoring tools and their implementation
- Understanding of HAProxy or other load balancers
- Understanding of containers, Kubernetes and cloud deployments
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco