1349310 Contract Negotiator
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestFinance
You will report into the Sr. Manager of Connected Contracts and directly support this crucial global contract position in the Research Triangle Park. As we continue our transformation journey with Connected Contracts, your contributions will be crucial to help lead the way for change for a completely digitized, insight-driven contracting experience. This position will play a meaningful role in providing end-to-end contract negotiation services within Cisco. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Draft, negotiate, and close a wide variety of complex contracts worldwide, supporting areas such as maintenance, repair, logistics, trade compliance, transportation services, and Import/Export of record agreements.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of contract law related to MSAs , combined with the business and technical acumen to negotiate and draft highly technical and detailed statements of work, especially around areas of risk of loss, logistics obligations, and KPIs/remedies.
- Collaborate with all levels of management and cross-functional teams to effectively close on project contracts.
- Lead and support the technology and digital transformation within Connected Contracts including the use of cognitive analysis, machine learning, and AI to enable an improved end-to-end contracting experience.
- Assess contract risks and issues, provide solutions and/or engage other subject matter authorities to help resolve open risks and issues.
- Ensure that final agreement terms and conditions are consistent with Cisco’s standards, mitigates corporate risk, accelerates time-to-value.
- Affirm agreements accurately reflect Cisco's policies, code of ethics, and aligns with the business unit's objectives.
- Provide contract administration, including acquiring contract approval, electronic signature, filing, tracking and reporting.
Who You Will Work With
Global Procurement Services (GPS) is responsible for the enterprise-wide-procurement of all Cisco indirect goods and services. We serve as the Supply Chain Manager and Procurement arm for all non-production spend with primary responsibility for delivering outstanding procurement services, contracts and supply base capabilities. You’ll collaborate with business-supporting functions across Cisco and GPS throughout contract engagements.
You'll work within GPS supporting Connected Contracts, where the future of Cisco’s contract services becomes outstanding.
Who You Are
You have the ability to understand and effectively resolve sophisticated legal and business issues typically encountered in procurement contracts, preferably in the area of logistics. You can lead or work in cross-functional teams in a dynamic global work environment under limited supervision. You can influence others of all levels to achieve desired results using effective communications, presentations, and analysis.
- Bachelor Degree, Masters or JD a plus
- 7 - 10 years of experience or more in reviewing, drafting and negotiating sophisticated contracts
- Strong understanding of contract formation, (MSA's, Statements of Works, etc.) terminology, and negotiations
- Digitization skills with experience using SAP Ariba and/or Seal software is a plus
- Proven record to understand and effectively resolve legal and business issues typically encountered in procurement contracts
- Validated ability to lead or work in cross-functional teams in a dynamic global work environment under limited supervision
- Ability to influence others of all levels to achieve desired results using effective communications, presentations and analysis
- Proven proficiency in computer-based business applications (including Microsoft Office software products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Ariba contract management or comparable software)
Who We Are
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!