Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the design, development and operation of large-scale platforms that scale for a geographically distributed user base. The platforms integrate with existing Big Data systems where you integrated and develop APIs for the operation, interaction and integration of those systems.
Who You’ll Work With
A small team of skilled developers to automate, develop, enhance, scale and secure Big Data services. The team follows an agile Scrum model primarily located in San Jose, CA while collaborating across various time zones.
Who You Are
The focus is a developer role which means having a self-starter attitude, adapt to changing needs, attention to detail, automate everything, an ability to lead and train others and capable of addressing issues in a dedicated manner. You can tackle problems, document and communicate what is needed. You have experience with development with Java, Linux and shell scripting.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience with application development
- 5+ years of experience with Java software development
- Experience with shell scripting and of Linux (RHEL) administration
- Knowledge of one or more distributed version control systems (Git, Mercurial)
- Understanding of HAProxy or other load balancers
- Understanding of containers, Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong oral and written communications skills addressing multiple levels of engineers and management
- Ability to execute with minimal supervision while guiding and mentoring others
- Experience with Kafka, Cassandra, Elastic Stack
- Experience with SQL and DB schemas
- Understanding of networking and related protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SSH)
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco