1325782 - Program Manager, Lifecycle Digital Transformation
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who We Are
Today’s exciting business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by improving the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and demonstrate the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
We are seeking a program manager for key Lifecycle Digital Transformation processes who will be responsible for end-to-end program management from strategy, plan development to execution, enabling business benefits and value for a top-strategic program. You will:
- Foster an inclusive, people-first culture where shared values and diverse perspectives thrive
- Provide vision, strategy, and business objective alignment to lead program implementation
- Develop, manage and execute key Program Management work including but not limited to: project plan, risk assessment, dashboard reporting, to support both agile releases as well as the overall priorities for the program
- Perform overall program-level planning & lead program execution of interdependent projects
- Drive effective and accurate status reporting
- Responsible for program metric tracking, managing program financials
- Ensures projects have measures and clear exit/success criteria
- Lead the identification of risks and issues, and development of risk mitigation strategies and a critical issue process
- Identify critical partners and required engagement model
- Manage effective decision-making with leadership/sponsors
- Establish and facilitate the interlock and operating model for project execution
- Supervise overall roadmap, identify and report potential obstacles such as scope creep, resource, and personnel shortfalls, problems with the schedule, release delays, and budget overruns
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with business partners as well as your team of data and IT professionals, scrum teams, and business analysts. You'll get to work with customer and partner experience teams to shape the future of Cisco's customer and partner lifecycle.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience executing project management programs
- A proven track record of program management is essential for the success of this role.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a broad group of collaborators.
- Expert level understanding of digital trends and impact on various industries and how it can enable business transformation and build true value.
- Demonstrated leadership experience across digital, program management, innovation, and experience design
- Validated ability to generate trust and build alliances
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to improve and constantly learn
- Recognizes and rewards associates for accomplishments
- Demonstrable experience establishing and running project plans in an agile environment
- Solid understanding of program management strategy, planning, and delivery
- Speaks with authority and writes with clarity
- Communicate at the right level of detail
- Capable of removing roadblocks that stand in the way of our successful release and project completion
- Outstanding analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with strong business planning and operations skills
- Self-starter, who can work independently
- A standout colleague that works well in a fast-paced and driven environment with expectations to deliver high-impact value to the company
- Ability to travel 1-2x month, USA-based (occasional international)
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and takes the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!