Engineering Program Manager - Security & Compliance
Location:Offsite, Seattle, Washington, US
Alternate LocationRTP, NC, Waltham, MA, San Jose, CA, Austin, TX or Remote, US
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
(Updated Job Description March 31, 2021 - candidates should have recent SOC2 project experience)
The Business Entity
We’re an agile, fun, passionate startup culture within corporate Cisco’s Cloud Security organization —balancing collaboration and integration with autonomy and innovation to deliver the most effective solutions for our customers.
Who You Are
You have a passion for security, compliance and working with engineers. You have a technical background, understand agile methodologies, open-source technologies, and feel comfortable translating standard control language into terms that engineers can apply to their processes and work. You are articulate, a driver, a fast-learner, and skilled at relationship-building. You have knowledge of SOC2 controls and audits. You may have led a SOC2 audit or worked with an engineering organization to detail technical solutions to meet controls. You are comfortable documenting processes and controls, running meetings, and keeping operating status checks. You have used tools to build metrics and are comfortable reporting results to senior management.
Who You'll Work With
Working at Cisco in the Cloud Security Team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent, and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research, and unrivaled products and services. It is a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns, and company-wide practices, so it won't be long before you witness the results of your hard work. In this role You will work directly with engineers, collaborating with security operations, product management and compliance.
What You'll Do
As the Engineering Program Manager - Security & Compliance, you will be responsible for translating compliance requirements into technical specifications and managing security compliance engagements with Engineering in an agile organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Own and manage the design and implementation of security controls
- Partner with Engineers on translating of compliance requirements into technical requirements
- Partner with the security team on automating controls and adopting continuous compliance
- Collaborate with sales, product management, and other groups to evaluate and achieve new international compliance certifications
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, Legal, and Marketing on developing customer-facing security & compliance documentation
- Manage relationships with our internal and external auditors
- Deep understanding of compliance frameworks (SOC2, ISO27001, PCI)
- Bachelors + 6 years of related experience, or
- Masters + 4 years of related experience, or PhD + 1 years of related experience
- Hands-on experience with AWS, cloud security best practices, and tools
- Understanding of variety of operating systems, data stores, data types
- Experience with various privacy regulations
- Experience working in an agile DevOps organization
- Strong communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!