1309534 Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
*** Must be a U.S. Citizen and have a current Secret U.S. Government Clearance***
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Public Sector organization seeks a senior technical resource to join a team of extremely talented professionals supporting strategic accounts. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career, providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in technology.
- Provides exceptional troubleshooting and consultative methodologies to independently solve problems in broad, complex & unique networks with mixed media & protocols, as well as advising on design and implementation of these complex networks on-site with the customer
- Expert level proficiency and associated experience supporting Cisco network products and protocols as well as command of execution best practices - (R&S, Data Center, and Security)
- Dedicated network architecture SME supporting unique customized customer environment; Technical POC for problem management and escalated issue resolution; management and sustain customized solution lab environment. Ability to drive recreates in order to identify customer problem to isolate and resolve issues
- Provide operational support on VMWare platform including vCenter, ESXi servers, server consolidation, Virtual Desktops (VMWare VDI Solutions)
- Windows and Linux System Administration experience such as working knowledge of Active Directory
- Validate and implementation support of newly introduced services and network expansion; planning, documenting, executing scheduled Change Management tasks
- Provide support to internal and external customers during critical service-related issues acting as the lead Cisco point of Contact. Has the ability and knowledge of Cisco escalation resources and can effectively collaborate with them
- Ability to get to an understanding of customer expectations and manage or set proper expectations
- Senior engineering resource aligned to 24/7/365 team supporting customer mission-critical environments
Who You'll Work With
The Managed Services Organization supports Cisco's Public Sector customers from our facility in RTP, NC. You will be joining a team that focuses on 24/7 remote managed service. You will provide the unique requirements of this targeted customer set. You will have the opportunity to support unique solutions to meet these unique requirements directly. The ideal candidate will be flexible in a dynamic environment while helping our customers transform to complete their mission needs.
Who You Are
- 7+ years' experience applying subject matter expertise while supporting and troubleshooting applications and networks within large enterprise environments
- Sole US Citizenship with Active Secret or above US Government Security Clearance
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
- Expert level Cisco and or equivalent Industry Certification obtained (CCIE, JNCIE, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Experience in a customer-facing support role
- Demonstrated drive for continuous learning, results-orientation, and teamwork
- Professional & concise communication (written & verbal)
- Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Ability to drive change through innovation & process improvement
- Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand
- Executive level communications, tailored to unique situations
- Operational mind-set and disposition
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and evolving organization and service
- Excellent working relationships with other customer service organizations within Cisco and with appropriate business units
- Ability to formulate and deliver complex presentations throughout Cisco and to customer departments
- Demonstrated industry awareness
- 25% Travel
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!