1304416 Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer- Unified Communications
Location:Fulton, Maryland, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
*** Must be a US Citizen and have a current Secret U.S. Government Clearance***
**** Must live in the Fulton, MD area or live within daily driving distance to Fort Meade.****
What You’ll Do
Take your career to the next level by joining a Cisco Team that is supporting major business and technology transformations for our Federal Department of Defense (DoD) customers!
This position requires a motivated, experienced Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer (CE) to support Core Routing/Switching in a large strategic enterprise organization, aligned to an aggressive transformational agenda. We are "Cisco's Face to the Customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a critical, visible contributor to the Cisco/Client team. A seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent communication and consulting skills, has well-positioned this Cisco team as trusted advisors within the Department of Information Systems Agency (DISA). As a CE who specializes in Cisco Core and UC solutions, you will support DISA and the Department of Defense through the development of complex designs, implementation support of Cisco leading edge technologies, and delivery of optimization services to one of Cisco's largest customers in the United States.
Who You’ll Work With
Our team is comprised of engineers across Cisco technologies, many with one or multiple CCIE certifications. These team members design, architect and support work on critical Federal-owned networks with leading edge Cisco tools and solutions. Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills are traits of successful consultants in this organization. We have a very strong focus on continuous development and training into new technologies that keeps us in the leading position as one of the strongest networking consulting teams in the industry. As a part of this team, you will work directly with our DoD customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks to collaborate on a variety of high-profile projects.
Who You Are
the candidate has 5+ years of experience as a network engineer supporting Cisco technologies/products in a large-scale enterprise environment, with a deep understanding of data networks and solid foundation in Unified Communications, Security and Route/Switch. technologies. Large scale enterprise design and deployment experience is desired, as is a CCIE. Military Veterans who meet these requirements are encouraged to apply.
Must Have Skills:
- Must be a US Citizen and hold a current Secret U.S. Government Security Clearance at a minimum to be considered for this position
- Strong Communication, Consulting, and Customer Relationship building skills with the ability to work autonomously and thrive in a transformational environment
- Significant experience with end-to-end architecture/design work as well as strong analytical problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Strong documentation skills – to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture and knowledge transfer
- A self-starter - ability to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Resolution leader, problem solving - troubleshooting methodology
- Strong Cisco product knowledge and understanding of the Enterprise solution portfolio (does not include pricing, licensing, or ordering information)
- Leadership by example, showing others how to do it by being out front
- Ability to be onsite 3-4 days/week at the customer location
- Strong technical expertise in Routing and Switching and Unified Communications is required. Security expertise a plus
- CCIE preferred
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!